This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custody and guardianship

Does anyone if it's usual to have joint guardianship, and one parent have sole custody(to take care of everyday matter)? thx.

Joint custody is very common, but works best when both parents can get along (or at least make decisions with the kids best interests in mind). But given what you have told us so far I question if it will work for you. It sounds like your ex is very much controlling your time with your child.

Normally everyday decisions are the responsibility of whichever parent is taking care of the child at the time. Only majot decisions (school, religious, health etc) are decided by either both parents (in joint custody) or the parent with sole custody.

Has custody been settled in your case?

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
      Joint custody is very common, but works best when both parents can get along (or at least make decisions with the kids best interests in mind). But given what you have told us so far I question if it will work for you. It sounds like your ex is very much controlling your time with your child.

Normally everyday decisions are the responsibility of whichever parent is taking care of the child at the time. Only majot decisions (school, religious, health etc) are decided by either both parents (in joint custody) or the parent with sole custody.

Has custody been settled in your case?
      no, unfortunately custody is still not settled in my case yet. i'm seeking joint custody. in case the court give sole custody to my wife, i think we should at least have joint gurdianship.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X