unilaterally reduced status quo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unilaterally reduced status quo

other parent has unilaterally reduced the status quo .. my weekends with D7 don't include Friday's anymore. This happened literally couple of weeks after there was an order to appoint OCL. I am now forced to respond with a motion to maintain status quo and as part of that motion find the other parent in contempt for denial of access on a prior long weekend. I will of course be asking for exchanges to take place at the school given the ongoing and escalating tensions between the parties.

Am trying to understand how a unilateral move like this could effect the OCL's investigations and ultimately any final decisions made by a judge. I am going for 50/50 or sole custody as alternative and am open to any parallel parenting regime.

Did you not just give your ex last weekend which was your weekend?

It could come off as genourous and look good for you or she could say you are not interested in spending time with child

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      Did you not just give your ex last weekend which was your weekend?

It could come off as genourous and look good for you or she could say you are not interested in spending time with childo
      Oh trust me I would not "just give her a weekend" - it was mother's day weekend and I got her to agree to give me father's day weekend in return (which would normally be her weekend). Whether she stick to that agreement or not is a different story. If she does then I get 3 consecutive weekends. If she doesn't then that could only further sabotage her case - it wouldn't be the first father's day she's made a problem out of.

We have sent a letter clearly indicating we are not in agreement to any reduction in status quo, that more time (not less) would be beneficial to D7 threatening a motion for maintain status quo (expanding pick ups drop offs to school commencement / school let out ) as well as a contempt portion if she does not agree to me having D7 THIS _LONG_ weekend as makeup for Easter _LONG_ weekend. If I get both this weekend and father's day weekends then I get access for 4 consecutive weekends. .. if I get none then that would mean she abused her powers as sole custodial parent by unilaterally denying weekend access (Easter) and refusing make up access (this coming weekend), and agreeing to swap mother's day father's day weekend only to take mother's day weekend and unilaterally change her mind about father's day weekend only allowing me 1 weekend access in 7 week period ... clearly not encouraging and facilitating contact with the other parent.

I am going based on this :

16(10) Maximum contact – In making an order under this section, the court shall give effect to the principle that a child of the marriage should have as much contact with each spouse as is consistent with the best interests of the child and, for that purpose, shall take into consideration the willingness of the person for whom custody is sought to facilitate such contact.”
      Last edited by trinton; 05-16-2017, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X