No announcement yet.

The New "Rule"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Children figure things out pretty quickly. They can smell a selfish parent a mile off. Will still love them. But no one is fooling them. So keep doing what you do ( minus the creepy Mother's Day thing sorry had to say it) and your daughter will be fine and have a good solid family life.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      Children figure things out pretty quickly. They can smell a selfish parent a mile off. Will still love them. But no one is fooling them. So keep doing what you do ( minus the creepy Mother's Day thing sorry had to say it) and your daughter will be fine and have a good solid family life.
      Oh Beach..D5 wanted to make her mom a card so I did one with her. Not so creepy. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
        Today ex kept her home from school claiming she was sick. D5 told me she asked to go to school and missed her friends and mom said no and took her to playgroup with the toddlers she was babysitting instead.
        Hope ex gets all that out of her system... grade 1 is coming.

Are you sure we don't have the same ex? The shit she does is exactly identical. LOL. (She keeps kids home from school "sick" but they are well enough to be at daycare.)

Last edited by trinton; 05-31-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Oh Beach..D5 wanted to make her mom a card so I did one with her. Not so creepy. Lol
          LOL I can't believe they are still on about that. Was not creepy at all. It just goes out to show that you love your child more than you hate your ex.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
            The girl had on a lot of makeup too much.
            Funny how you say that. Shoulda seen the amount of make up and eye shadow and extended upwards diagonal pointing eyeliner and crap on D7 for a short period of time. Of course I didn't show any reaction or say anything - but D7's friends did - they thought it was really weird.

Comment

When chatting with D5 this weekend she told me that the biggest rule at mommy's is to not talk about daddy or what happens at daddy's house. She said mommy gets very mad and yells at her if she even beings me up...
              Your ex is a nut. I get the opposite with my D8, in that when she says stuff about Dad's (me) house, it usually gets misinterpreted by ex, and I end up getting a nasty email about it. So I guess there is some good, if your kid can't talk about your house or Dad.

Honestly, I would shrug it off unless you get something that really seems like a more urgent issue, for now. Keep stressing to her, that she should feel free to talk about both of her homes.

As your daughter gets older, she'll clue in more, and actually stand her ground more too, for ridiculous stuff like that. I've noticed this in my D8 more. D8 told me just the other day (still!), that Mom tells her she only has one home. (Dad's house is not her home, apparently). I just keep saying, "obviously, you have two homes. That's just silly." When she says it now, it's more light hearted, and you can tell she's just stating that Mom says it, not that she takes any stock in it.

Comment

We went camping this past weekend and D6 had a blast. It was group camping with 3 other couples who also had kids. D6 and I explored an island, she caught her first fish, etc. Super fun weekend.

Anyhow, D6 really wanted to tell her mom about the adventures and asked me if I could send her a pic of her and her first fish .. so I did. I received a not-so-nice response and was told that she had a nightmare and was whiney .. and apparently it's all my fault. (story of my life)

She told me that she kept D6 home from school today to let her rest but that she was taking her to the toddler playgroup. Kind of sucks because D6's big end-of-year concert is tomorrow at school and today was her last day to practice .. and the last few days to see her friends at school.

I felt like saying ... perhaps you should let her sleep in her own bed instead of staying up watching adult television until the late hours....but I keep my mouth shut.

D6 also told me that my ex's mom told her that I did bad things. I suppose the alienation stuff starts now.

All I did was respond that she getting older and her thoughts are getting more creative, probably producing more vivid dreams. But I couldn't help remember my ex's note in the OCL report that she was dreaming of snakes...which represented my penis and was having nightmares over it. My lawyer said right in court that she probably just watched Kung Fu Panda or something. lol

Anyways ... just a vent. I won't make anything a big deal.

Comment

LF32 you would save yourself a lot of time if you simply read:

https://www.amazon.ca/Moms-House-Iso.../dp/0684830787

Not an insult at all. But, a lot of your questions are often answered in this book. It is quite good. It would be even better if the other parent in your matter would read it too!

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                    LF32 you would save yourself a lot of time if you simply read:

https://www.amazon.ca/Moms-House-Iso.../dp/0684830787

Not an insult at all. But, a lot of your questions are often answered in this book. It is quite good. It would be even better if the other parent in your matter would read it too!
                    Fantastic. I actually just ordered it. I love any material that broadens my knowledge-base on raising a child in 2 homes. Excellent. Thanks.

Comment

Ah we get the nightmare thing too... for some reason D8 has no issues sleeping at our place but once she goes back to moms she has nightmare and can't sleep in her own bed. The latest nightmare was about Spider-Man... a movie she has watched a thousand times over and actually owns at her moms house...

Don't pay attention to those texts... a response wasn't even necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Phew .. so I'm not the only one who deals with that.

Also, the other day D6 said .. daddy, give me some candy or I'll call 9-1-1. I couldn't believe my ears .. lol She said that mommy told her to. I had to explain what emergencies were and/or if any person was putting her in danger, etc.

On another note. Yesterday was my day so I was very much looking forward to seeing her report card when she got home. Her mother had went to school. taken her out, brought her to playgroup and taken her report card. I hate this type of stuff. I actually had a message written to her ... but sat on it all day, erased it and decided no battle was necessary. She sent a scan of it and I'm happy with that.

D6 had such great things said about her. She's flourishing in so many different ways and across all developmental domains. To think, I had to fight 2 court dates to get her in school and off her moms couch. It's nice to see that my ex is now seeing the benefits of kindergarten. D6 would have had a tough time starting grade 1 without experiencing kindergarten. The fight was worth it.

Comment

Phew .. so I'm not the only one who deals with that.

Also, the other day D6 said .. daddy, give me some candy or I'll call 9-1-1. I couldn't believe my ears .. lol She said that mommy told her to. I had to explain what emergencies were and/or if any person was putting her in danger, etc.

On another note. Yesterday was my day so I was very much looking forward to seeing her report card when she got home. Her mother had went to school. taken her out, brought her to playgroup and taken her report card. I hate this type of stuff. I actually had a message written to her ... but sat on it all day, erased it and decided no battle was necessary. She sent a scan of it and I'm happy with that.

D6 had such great things said about her. She's flourishing in so many different ways and across all developmental domains. To think, I had to fight 2 court dates to get her in school and off her moms couch. It's nice to see that my ex is now seeing the benefits of kindergarten. D6 would have had a tough time starting grade 1 without experiencing kindergarten. The fight was worth it.

Can't you get the school to send you a copy? My husband has a copy of report cards mailed directly to him from the school... that way he doesn't have to rely on mom for the information.

Comment

How is it that she was allowed to remove her from school on your day?

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
                              Can't you get the school to send you a copy? My husband has a copy of report cards mailed directly to him from the school... that way he doesn't have to rely on mom for the information.

Not a bad idea. First time we ran in to this. I didn't expect her to take time out of her day to drive and remove her from school, taking the report card with her. I'll definitely set something else up for next year so that we each get a copy. At least she scanned it and sent me a copy. lol

Rock .. I don't think we have any stipulations regarding who can/cannot pick her up from school. Perhaps that's an issue that I will bring up for next academic year.

Also...so many absences this year. My ex fully admitted to me that if D6 cried in the morning she got to stay home. She's never cried once in the morning at my place. So bubbly and giggly in the mornings.

Comment

My partner has to get all report cards directly from the school. Its a bloody hassle too! But may not be in your case.

I think before September you may want to think about broaching the absences and removals from school with her. Im sure if the tables were turned she would rip you a new one for doing it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X