This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Representation

Hello again I have a long, hopefully not too long, story and need some advice on how to proceed.

My partner has been working on his divorce for the past 2 years. Needless to say thousands of dollars later and no better off, in fact much worse off than when he started, we are considering the self representation option. As I stated he has paid thousands of dollars and cannot continue to afford these bills.We have already invested a lot of time on our own answering affidavits etc. and then having the lawyer type them out. So we felt with some help and proper resources we can do this. A large part of my job deals with research so I am up for it!

This case is at the point of going to trial due to the unreasonable demands of the soon to be ex- BIG $, weekend only access, and the marital home. What the main issue for us is week about custody.

What we need to know is...now what? There is a trial management conference scheduled for early summer and basically we need to know how to proceed. So if anyone has experience in this area it would be great, any links to resources, books, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X