No announcement yet.

Insanity or Stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you remove guilt Arabian? Or come to the conclusion you weren't guilty? There is a difference. (rhetorical question, just wanted to throw that out there).

Comment

I have forgiven others and forgive myself. Simple.
      It doesn't mean I have forgotten the past, rather I merely am accepting of what is and try to be forward thinking.

Comment

Janibel, find anything interesting?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          Janibel, find anything interesting?
          On the CanLII site only a few cases that are somewhat similar to mine - still reading them carefully...

So far these cases have one thing in common - the higher earning spouse was either attempting to divert funds, was underemployed, or have not given full disclosure. Messy numbers throughout!

Interesting case where the wife had a gambling problem and estimated her losses at $20K, the husband had a very different number lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
            Well, this thread is about insanity or stress and how men and women deal with their emotions during divorce :

"Women are often more likely than men to experience classic depression symptoms such as feelings of sadness, worthlessness, and guilt.

Men who are depressed are more likely to be irritable or angry — and sometimes abusive. They are more likely to lose interest in their work or hobbies, but some throw themselves into their work to avoid dealing with depression. Men are more likely than women to have difficulty sleeping. They're also more likely to turn to drugs or alcohol when they are depressed."

Janibel, you strike me as level headed and pretty smart. Your stbx must know this and is trying to bombard you right before the holidays probably in the hope the stress will force you to accept whatever he's offering. Trust yourself and what you feel you deserve and remember hes a bitter dejected person looking for one last hurt. Then walk away from the computer and enjoy your life without him.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
              Janibel, you strike me as level headed and pretty smart. Your stbx must know this and is trying to bombard you right before the holidays probably in the hope the stress will force you to accept whatever he's offering. Trust yourself and what you feel you deserve and remember hes a bitter dejected person looking for one last hurt. Then walk away from the computer and enjoy your life without him.
              Thank you for the encouragement Rockscan. I've made it this far without losing my sanity or my resolve - so I'll make it to trial and do my best.

I've already won my case on a moral level (criminal trial) this time around it's the financials ... I'll be ok whatever, unlike the STBX, I'm frugal, don't waste my time in bars and have our son's respect

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X