This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing Response Late

My case conference is at the end of March. My lawyer said we are filing late due to he needs to speak to a couple of other attorneys in his firm about the case, does this mean the date in March could be delayed? and what happens when you file late.

From what I have been told and experienced you have up until 48 hours before a CC to file as the Judge is supposed to look over it. If it is really late then you can ask the Judge to accept it there, but that doesn't mean they will. I had a response handed to me while sitting waiting to go into court, as did the Judge. When I went in he asked if I had accepted it, I said yes. If your CC is at the end of March should more then enough time to file.

Comment

when I missed the deadline to file the case conference briefs I asked the judge to accept it on the CC. I told her that I served it in time but missed the deadline for filing. She accepted it and she read it there quickly.

Comment

I wish this applied to an uncontested trial. My ex did not respond, dodged service, I had an uncontested trial set for Feb 28th; even though I had been granted an uncontested trial, he tried to push his material. In the end, she would not accept but put the matter over to hear from his lawyer..I don't get it.

Comment

Little confused on replies

Just answered myself. They can reply up to the CC date.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X