This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Answer?

What happens if your answer to a cross claim is late?

I received the reply to my original serving and it included a cross claim.

It came in the mail. But also by email from the lawyer.

You can file a notice of late filing. But if the reply to your original serving was late, then you could ask/file for an extension.

However, don't hold your breath.

When an answer to our motion was 8 days late (and we received the answer in the court house on the day of court, without a moment to even review the other party's claims) and we filed for the motion to be heard without the other party's participation as they hadn't responded within the specified time, we got scolded for trying to push things too quickly... even though WE were the ones acting within the court deadlines!

Personally, I don't think the courts care if it's late, as long as all the documents are there the day of the court hearing... even if they were only served and filed THAT day!

Comment

I would be replying to the cross claim. I was the one who originally files papers on her.

She replied within 30 days, do I have the sam eamount of time?

Or is it 10 days?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X