Jg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jg

Jian Ghomeshi received emails from woman after alleged attack, court hears - Toronto - CBC News

this is crazy... if he ends up being innocent I hope he gets some reparations....

Not guilty and innocent are not necessarily the same thing. It is definitely going to be interesting though to see how this turns out. I guess only JG and the women know for sure if he actually assaulted them or if they allowed/participated in behavior they weren't comfortable with and later felt it was assault.

Comment

Apparently, in sex ed the are now encouraging sexual consent forms
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4568PIRnk just to ensure

they allowed/participated in behavior they weren't comfortable with and later felt it was assault

Comment

Originally posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
        Not guilty and innocent are not necessarily the same thing.
        Right, so he is basically guilty no matter what?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
          no that's not what is meant.

Not guilty..he may be guilty but there wasn't enough evidence or time frames have passed.

Innocent..he didn't do anything wrong at all.

Comment

The onus is on the Crown to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt – an incredibly high standard to meet in a ‘he said, she said’. These complainants will likely have greater success in a civil suit once this case has been finalized.

I’d give him this piece of advice as he moves forward: Although I understand some people are in to it, without previous mutual discussion, most people don’t expect to be choked, or have their heads bashed, when they’ve been invited to tea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ
            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

I didn't mean he is certainly guilty. Just that being found not guilty does not necessarily mean he was actually totally innocent. I have no idea whether he really blindsided the women with a physical assault or not and I won't presume to judge him or the women either at this point. I am often a little skeptical at historical claims especially against known personalities, but we don't really know as I said if these were true assaults or regrets after unorthodox encounters. Sometimes people get away with things because of who they are and sometimes they are targeted instead.

Comment

What I mean that even if he is found innocent people are going to say exactly what you said.... The accusers win

I should tell you the story of the feathers one day†
                ____

Reading this last revelation that the accuser later sent him a bikini shot completely torpedoes her entire story for me...

I don't believe her version, it is probable the guy is an asshole and has no respect for women and the women he find are so stupid and dumb they put with his shit thinking he is going to make them famous rich or something and then when he throws them out (literally) and then doesn't give them any respect they feel used/jilted.

Not every woman, is like the great women on this forums - some are literally looking for the quickest way to make a buck... and for attractive women - a man is sometimes that quick way.

Especially, this woman, separated - still in the same house as her husband, with kids etc... she thinks she "has got it" and JG beats the crap out of her - must have been a metaphorical slap in the face to her and I don't find it hard to believe that she wants to get him back...

Was she consenting to his treatment, I think so. He told her to leave at the end (she didn't volunteer to leave), she doesn't seem to say at any point that she told him to stop etc... Then she waited in the house for the cab....

Next....

I think most likely she is a gold-digger who got screwed.... her case is down the drain IMO

Do women like being hit during sex, punching (never tried) - something less maybe.... Is JG on the far end of that spectrum, maybe....

Comment

He won't be found innocent. He'll be found not guilty.

I should tell you the story of the feathers one day†
                  15 separate complainants. Our legal system will fail them, once again, but the feathers will stick to him. So unfortunate that victims of sexual assault can't feel safe in coming forward because our system doesn't support them.

Comment

The crown completely dropped a few of the accusers because they had NO chance...

Considering that the type of people they are going to trial with so far:
                    Moron #1: Who does all the things I mentioned in my post
                    It isn't far fetched to say they are all lying

I have no problem believing this guy was some sort of asshole who treated women like shit and they want revenge....

The feather story

A man found out that another man had committed some fraud in his transactions. He promptly spread the news around town a few weeks later he found out that this was actually false and so he felt guilty and went to visit the person of whom he had spoken.
                    "How can I make it up to you, I ruined your reputation and the story wasn't even true"
                    ___
                    The other man responded " Take this bag of feathers and drop one all the way between my house and yours then return back to me picking the feathers back up on the way here"
                    ___
                    The first man said "Sure, Great!" and left
                    __
                    When he returned he told the second who he had slandered - I wasn't able to get back many of the feathers, most of them blew away when I came back...

The second man responded "Well that's what you've done to my reputation and there is no way to repair it"

Comment

15 separate complaints all lying. Lol. Ok whatever floats your boat.

My feather story:

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, in all probability it is a duck.

Comment

​Ghomeshi, 48, of Toronto, has pleaded not guilty to four counts of sexual assault and one of choking, with the charges involving three women. He is being tried by judge alone in the Ontario Court of Justice.
                        Jian Ghomeshi trial: Complainant says she tried to bait former host with 'flirtatious' emails - Toronto - CBC News

There are only 3 women mentioned here, and 1/3 has been completely discredited so far....

What is your source for 15....

and I just read an article about the grilling witnesses go through and how "meaningless details" are used to attack the credibility. In this woman's case she SENT emails after the incidents there is NO WAY she wouldd have forgotten that....Yes, you have to testify and sit in front of a judge and lawyer if you want to put somebody in jail for YEARS..... WTF, just throw him in jail without trial?
                        Last edited by Links17; 02-03-2016, 11:18 PM.

Comment

15 women, 2 men. A real winner of a guy.

Of course, without a person willing to take a stand, have their private life thrown to the public and the bigots, be slutshamed and 'whacked' by defense lawyers and others such as you are doing in this thread, it would be reasonable for a crown attorney to presume there are no reasonable prospect of conviction and not place charges.

p.s. Crosby is a duck as well.

Police probing three complaints in Ghomeshi investigation - The Globe and Mail

Jian Ghomeshi now charged with sexually assaulting six women | Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...set_today.html
                          Last edited by mcdreamy; 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Another one down the drain...
                            Just read the cbc.ca blog and this chick is almost as bad as the first.

I don't think its too much to ask especially in these non-penetration type sexual assault cases that you get cross examined for 3 hours in order to put somebody in jail for 10 years. What would the alternative be?

The first accuser's identity is hidden. No shut shaming there....

I can't believe my tax payer money is being wasted on this... Even if it is true with Lucy it was like 10 seconds and no marks and all her behaviour afterwards doesn't indicate any sort of problem. If this was a "good" case what were the bad cases...

Comment

"Behavior afterwards" isn't the point. The point is whether he beat and choked her to force her to have sex with him. She's not on trial, he is.

I have the dubious pleasure of having been a couple of degrees of separation from Ghomeshi in my student days (friends of friends), and he had a reputation as a sleazoid even way back. Women warned each other to stay away from him, but there were always new women who hadn't heard the stories, and he was so popular and charismatic that no one wanted to tell the world what he had done, because they feared they wouldn't be believed and that he'd be vengeful. He made all the right feminist noises, even took women's studies courses, so he must be one of the good guys. He's a grade-A violent predator and I'll be happy if he gets put away for a long time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X