No announcement yet.

mom is abandoning our son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi...yep did that. Problem is very few lawyers that practice in family law are willing to go the yukon

Comment

Anyone had a lawyer, chuck easton from calgary??

Comment

If you have the money (BIG$$$$$) you shouldn't have a problem. You will likely have to do most of the travelling though. Check Field and Field Law in Edmonton, they will probably be able to give you a name. They have lawyers licensed to practice in the Yukon.

Comment

Thank you...heard about lawyer chuck easton from mcgurk llp

Comment

Field and Field has offices in Calgary as well as Edmonton. They are a large, full-service law firm. I've never used the firm but I know they have an excellent reputation.

I've never heard of "chuck easton from mcgurk llp" but that doesn't mean that "chuck" isn't a good lawyer. Just make sure that you do your homework and thoroughly check out who you are going to hire as your situation could be considerably more costly (due to your location) than most people accessing family lawyers in the same city that they reside in.

Comment

Hi fiel and field does not practice family law I just looked it up. How can I check on how good a lawyer is, all the law society does is tell you whether they are in good standing

Comment

Field and Field will give you name of family lawyers who practice in Yukon. Call them and ask for name of their lawyers who practice in Yukon (ask for email address). Send email and they will respond back with names.

Comment

Originally posted by lexxi View Post
                  hi we are desperately looking for a GOOd family law lawyer that can practice in the Yukon, Canada. There is nobody available in Whitehorse, the situation is desperate!!
                  Please start your own new topic/thread on this.

#1 - you will likely get more relevant info you are looking for, and more people will be able to see and respond to your question, especially since this thread was from last year.

#2 - the original poster of this thread (if he's still around), will probably appreciate his questions, not being mixed in with your own seperate issues

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                    Please start your own new topic/thread on this.

#1 - you will likely get more relevant info you are looking for, and more people will be able to see and respond to your question, especially since this thread was from last year.

#2 - the original poster of this thread (if he's still around), will probably appreciate his questions, not being mixed in with your own seperate issues
                    Although I'm sure your post is well-intended, it is possible you are unaware that it is not possible for new members to start their own threads rights away and often times new members who wish to get information will find threads with similar themes and post there in an attempt to get the information they are seeking, until they are able to start their own threads.

Let's not make new members feel unwelcome, especially on topics like this where they have no alternative option but to post to an existing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                      Although I'm sure your post is well-intended, it is possible you are unaware that it is not possible for new members to start their own threads rights away and often times new members who wish to get..
                      I didn't notice the "join date" of this particular user.

Let's just open up a section then, where new users can post new threads on limited basis, while they are vetted, or whatnot then. (ex. the introductions section may be good)

That would make a lot more sense, then resurfacing other poster's old threads, which may or may not be semi-related.
                      Last edited by dad2bandm; 06-16-2014, 01:51 PM. Reason: Finished thought.

Comment

It's not a matter of posters being vetted, it is simply a technical restriction by the forum design to prevent spam attacks. This resolves itself easily within a couple of days and no harm is done by new posters posting their questions in related threads until they can start new threads.

An entire new section dedicated solely to this very temporary "issue" is really un-necessary. If you prefer not to read the posts in the older threads than simply skip it, but no need to alienate new members.

That being said...

Welcome to the forum lexxi, hope you find the information and resources you are looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                          An entire new section dedicated solely to this very temporary "issue" is really un-necessary. If you prefer not to read the posts in the older threads than simply skip it, but no need to alienate new members...
                          Again, I did not notice the poster was new, so it wasn't about "alienating new posters". It was about telling them how to get the info they are looking for, in the best way.

"Introductions" section could be utilized now - it wouldn't have to be a new section.

It's not a matter of "simply skipping" the unrelated posts, in this scenario. I am subscribed to the threads where this pops up, often, and one thinks they are getting a notification of an update or new info on the thread I acutally subscribed to, and instead getting a totally unrelated tangent, by a, in this case, new poster then.

Welcome new poster. Hopefully you will have your "post a new thread" rights soon.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X