This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Canada PRO"?

I have a direct deposit into my account from CRA for things like my tax refund, CCTB etc. This month I see something new, "Canada PRO" which I have not seen before.

It's not the GST or the CCTB, it's the wrong amount and not the right date for it to come through. I checked "My Account" at the CRA website and I can't see anything like this that should be coming through or any amount that corresponds.

Anyone know what this is?

Ontario Sales Tax Transition Benefit

Comment

Awesome! Hookers and ice cream for me this weekend!

Comment

Or you can put the money in a cookie jar and dole out the difference between the 5% GST you are now paying and 13% HST you will soon be paying on services each time you consume one. See how long it lasts.

Screw that, hookers and ice cream!!

Comment

I received the same " Canada PRO" at the end of July, and I live in Alberta, so I don't think it's the Ontario Sales Tax transition refund for me. But I can't find an explanation for it on the CRA web site.

Comment

Could it be this one?

Alberta Family Employment Tax Credit (AFETC)

The AFETC is a non-taxable amount paid to families with working income that have children under 18 years of age.

You may be entitled to receive:
            • $696 ($58.00 per month) for the first child;
            • $633 ($52.75 per month) for the second child;
            • $380 ($31.66 per month) for the third child; and
            • $127 ($10.58 per month) for the fourth child.
            The maximum you can get is the lesser of $1,836 and 8% of your family's working income that is more than $2,760.

The credit is reduced by 4% of the amount of the adjusted family net income that is more than $33,974. Payments are made in July 2010 and January 2011.

This program is fully funded by the Province of Alberta. Payments are issued separately from the CCTB. For more information, call 1-800-959-2809

Comment

I believe Quebec also gives some sort of periodic benefit with respect to parents and children over and above standard CTB, UCB etc and has been in effect for numerous years.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X