X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of Personal Property

Hello,

I have a question about compelling someone to remove their personal property.

Background:
    My ex-common law wife moved out 8 months ago and still has personal property at my apartment. I didn't mind holding on to it for a while until she got herself sorted out on her own. It's now been a ridiculous amount of time and I want her stuff out. I've asked her several times to remove her remaining property, but she keeps stalling and making excuses. When we last spoke I said "get it out soon or its gone" she replied with "I'm taking everything in the apartment then". This I interpret to mean items jointly acquired during our common law marriage and we agreed I would keep, as well as gifts given us which she now claims are hers but remain in my apartment.

When she moved out she signed an agreement removing herself from the lease. She also signed an agreement to return any and all keys to the apartment. She has returned her keys and all copies made.

How do I get her stuff out legally if she continually refuses to move it?

Thank you for any help!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X