X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance Enforcement in Nova Scotia

I am so stressed.

I have a Corollary Relief that states how much he is to pay. He is the one after the settlement that made this agreement and I accepted considering it was a good deal and he was more than generous.

After the settlement conference, he started paying early, then for 2 months it came on time, last month late by 10 days. This month I haven't been paid at all. I got my lawyer to send a letter to his lawyer. He paid last month then.

Well, when the payment was late by one day, I called Maintenance Enforcement. I found out I got a new caseworker. Cool. Well guess what with my money not being there, I wanted her to call him or his new wife to find out what is going on - all of this through the automated system. YOU NEVER GET TO TALK TO A HUMAN BEING. She left me a message back through the automated system wondering why I was calling her. I then faxed her (they don't use email as Maintenance Enforcement believes that email and cell phones are not a reliable means of communication - that is a Nova Scotia as in Nova Scotia is about 20 years behind the times. I have heard nothing.

I got my lawyer to send a letter to my ex's lawyer. My lawyer is out of town so his paralegal is dealing with it and she got a letter back saying she is no longer his lawyer - something about a retainer but for us to call Maintenance Enforcement where you can never get a hold of someone and she doesn't know why I am calling.

Maintenance Enforcement is frustrating and with his record of payments, I hope either my lawyer or Maintenance Enforcement can attach his wage. My ex never paid a bill on time in his life - why would he pay me on time now? My ex just keeps finding ways to get to me.

Thanks for letting me vent and if anyone has had any experience with Maintenance Enforcement in Nova Scotia, I need some advice.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X