Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serving a Summons to Witness - Form 23

Here is my situation...

Need to serve a Summons to Witness form to a therapist who is hiding better than Where's Waldo. Works through a referral service and since I never set up the original appt, won't talk with me. Only works in office by appointment but you have to go through referral service to make appt and that service screens out calls. Will not return my calls from office number. I have no idea of their home address and to that end I printed out all the people in my town from the phone book with the same last name and knocked on doors and for all that answered, no one had any idea who I was looking for. I have also gone dozens and dozens of times to their office and it's always locked up, lights out - I've tried everything from early morning to late at night, always the same - locked up and lights out. Finally, yesterday, after having enough I went to the court house to hire one of the companies that service people and they told me there really isn't much they can do for me other than what I'm already doing - they will try a certain number of times and if they can't reach the person, they just have to stop. They recommended a private detective to find this person. That's something I want to avoid because of the cost if I can. There other recommendation is just grab a book and wait outside office until they show up. Argh!

Any suggestions? Can I register mail or use UPS/FedEx to send the summons? Any other way to get this person serviced?

Thanks!!
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X