tips on avoiding arguments in front of the kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips on avoiding arguments in front of the kids

So situation is both parties are cohabing together till the house is sold. I asked multiple times that all communication to be conducted via emails/text. The other parent time and time again refuses and resort to verbal discussion. I try to leave the seen and go somewhere in the house or even at backyard and Parental alienation starts "dad is leaving you guys". The other parent is starts talking to the kids that "dad is rude". "Dad doesn't want to pay for your food", "dad wants to take mommy to court".
    I unfortunately I try to aviod as much as I can, but sometimes I start assuring the kids that I will not be leaving them.
    Situation escalate and name calling starts.
    Any tips will be appreciated. It I a real difficult situation and I try to stay in control, but sometimes I slip.

My concern is the kids.

What you want is for her to stop the nonsense. Can't be a good place you're in right now.

Why not get your STBX to agree to have a tape recording running when the two of you are in the same room? This isn't to use against each other (make that clear because judges frown on any sort of recording when children are present) but rather so that you both can listen later to the dialogue. It just might make her a bit more conscious of what is coming out of her mouth and hopefully she will think twice before hip-checking you all the time. I'd try to make it a joint-decision to do this.

The only other thing you can do is simply constantly avoid her and reassure the kids.

If you are sharing the same house surely SOME dialogue, in a polite manner, is warranted?

Passive aggressiveness can be interpreted as adults of children acting like children.
    Last edited by arabian; 10-31-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X