No announcement yet.

Emotional Abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are absolutely right scared1. A psychologist really should be able to figure out the truth about abuse quite easily. It's too bad that the law does not recognize that and order an evaluation whenever abuse is alleged. It really would cut back on false accusations.

Comment

Check post #7 here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f4/sigh-5798/

Mom makes outrageous false allegation. What a surprise.

Comment

Dadtotheend,

You are making it sound like all mothers are insane and out to get the dads. There are many more mothers on this forum that are reasonable and trying to do what's best than there are lunatics.

While I agree that there are selfish PARENTS out there (both moms and dads) there are many more that are Trying to do what's best. Try to be sensitive to that and realistic. The world is not all black and white. Yes, that mother was WAY out of line. But how often does that happen? Often for some families, but I don't think it's a regular thing in most.
        Last edited by billiechic; 11-29-2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Don't mean to paint all Moms with that brush. But I knew I would get that reaction when I made the post. Please don't project my views about some Moms to all Moms.

I went out on a limb to say what I said, and I stand by it. There's some bad apples out there stealing custody and then alienating their children to the Dad, plain and simple. And that needs to be addressed. The stories are all over this forum, I see it in the media and I see it in my personal experiences.

How about the recent thread where someone here advised someone else to lie to the cops about a parent being intoxicated in order to get the cops to come to the house and intervene???? Nice work. Create a scene in front of the kids.

Unfortunately the members on this forum are mostly people who are in the most conflicted cases and are not representative of the entire population, most or many of whom settle their separation amicably. As a result, one sees the sadder stories here. The posts I make are in response to those sad stories and do not represent my feelings about ALL Moms or Dads.

Just like the minority of Dads that don't bother to see their kids and/or stiff Mom on CS, these people tar the majority with the same brush.
          Last edited by dadtotheend; 11-29-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

agreed. If you can amicably agree, then it is unlikely anyone ends up here, or stays for long.

I'm sorry if it seemed I was singling you out. Some people can be jaded by personal experience and unfairly paint all others the same. I'm glad you aren't one of them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X