custody arrangement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custody arrangement

I have joint/shared custody. Ex wants every weekend. I have been fighting lately for more weekend time.

I told her that I get every 3rd weekend, and she has the kid wed-thu of that week only. She does the pick up-drop off. Is that fair until the court battle starts?

or should I keep every 2nd weekend and let her drive during her week if she can. I worry if she accepts that then the child will miss a lot of soccer training with me and his club.

Comment

What would be better for the kidlet as far as routines are concerned?
      She already does pick ups and drops offs so why not let her take him to soccer training on her time? The kid doesn't need to miss anything ....

Comment

Every weekend is never happening a judge will never order that

I have 2 weekends / 3. My ex is threatening to reduce it to every other weekend if I ask for shared custody.

I don't think she should get anything more than every other weekend, maybe extended but not more than that unless she wants shared custody

Comment

per our order, its week on/off. She only takes 2 weekends now and wed/thu during my weekend.

Is this ok FOR NOW or should I take every 2nd weekend and let her do w/e she wants during her week?

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
            per our order, its week on/off. She only takes 2 weekends now and wed/thu during my weekend.

Is this ok FOR NOW or should I take every 2nd weekend and let her do w/e she wants during her week?
            I would follow the order. If she doesn't want to follow it then her loss.

Comment

Weekend time is primetime, don't ever give it up. Follow the order until it is updated/changed by a judge.

If you have 50/50 access time, week on/off stick to that. If she doesn't take the kid during her time keep tally of that time for future court hearings.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                I would follow the order. If she doesn't want to follow it then her loss.
                She wants weekends. Picks him up from school on Fridays and I cant leave work 10 minutes earlier every each Friday.

Comment

She is picking him up during your weekend in contravention to the order?
                  HEr not ggetting the child during her weeks is pretty much giving up custody.

Comment

Yes during my Friday too.

How is she giving up custody? The kid is with me most of the time but that doesnt mean a thing. She will find excuses. Such as I didn't let her. The b1tch stopped email comm.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
                      She wants weekends. Picks him up from school on Fridays and I cant leave work 10 minutes earlier every each Friday.
                      do you have someone else who can pick him up for you??

Comment

Yes standing but she brought our court papers and told school no one but her or me can pick up the kidlet or she will call the cops. The school of course is not willing to get involved.

Comment

not sure what you can do then. I would almost have someone on your behalf pick up the child when it is your time but notify the school ahead of time that you are authorizing the person to pick up the child. Unless it is in your court order that only you or her can pick up the kid then there isn't much she can do I would suspect. Yes she may call the cops but they wont get involved either, especially if you have the court order showing when your time with the child is.

Comment

I would go to court over this. It is contempt

Comment

Like the judge will do something. But before September we should have a new order. I intend to make a lot of changes.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X