Alberta section 7 recalculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta section 7 recalculation

Childcare amount has gone up since this order. Does recalculation program request a reciept from bm in order to recalculate that? Or does she have to submit that to MEP. Given the way it is written will it even qualify to be raised since it is a set amount not just a %?

Really confused how this works. BM is making things very difficult offered to sign a cancelation form but only if we jump through hoops we are trying to figure our if it is worth our time. To jump through her hoops/demands.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

QUOTE=ProudSMom;173373]

Childcare amount has gone up since this order. Does recalculation program request a reciept from bm in order to recalculate that? Or does she have to submit that to MEP. Given the way it is written will it even qualify to be raised since it is a set amount not just a %?

Really confused how this works. BM is making things very difficult offered to sign a cancelation form but only if we jump through hoops we are trying to figure our if it is worth our time. To jump through her hoops/demands.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

You have both a set amount ($164) and a proportion (76.5%) written into your order. Obviously, as time goes by and childcare increases, one of these will be wrong, because $164 will no longer equal 76.5% of the daycare costs, so you have a problem with your order.

Dad and Mom should be sharing child care costs in proportion to their incomes. Do they have a clause saying that they will exchange income information (tax returns and notices of assessment) each year, so the amount they pay stays current? If they are settling their finances through MEP, MEP will need to be notified each year how much to collect.

What are Mom's demands and hoops, and why do you think they are unreasonable? What do you mean by a "cancellation form"?

Also, if "BM" refers to "baby mother", you might want to drop that usage. It's insulting because it implies all she did was make the baby. That's the kind of thing that gives stepmothers a bad name. She is the mother, you're the stepmother (I assume) and your partner is the father (also, I'm assuming).

Comment

We have figured it out. It is not insulting at all it simply means the biological mother. They have a yearly recalculation in place.

Comment

Originally posted by ProudSMom View Post
        We have figured it out. It is not insulting at all it simply means the biological mother. They have a yearly recalculation in place.

The only problem is, if you are registered trough MEP, you may need a new order annual to update the amount. Unless MEP is different from FRO, they won't do the yearly calculations. If both parties agree that is one thing, but if one doesn't court may be the only way.

Good luck!

Comment

Yes you are right but it is stated in our oder to do a yearly recalculation. MEP does not do them. The recalculation program does then they send their decision to MEP and MEP can change it from that point. But a yearly recalculation must be ordered. This is fairly standard in Alberta from what I know.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X