releasing SIN and banking info to EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• releasing SIN and banking info to EX

Ex is being very demanding about having me release my SIN, banking and even credit card info to her - she is saying FRO needs it.

I released banking & SIN details months ago to the court, and even followed up to my FRO contact to ensure they had all my correct info on file.

Ex is threatening to "take this back to court" unless I give her the info she wants, (fro hasn't starting giving her the cheques apparently) and is also expecting me to write a check from when court was settled to now since FRO hasn't given her money yet. I hardly want more lawyer fees, but want identity theft even less, so I'm guessing I should just keep refusing.

She has a history of stealing from me (she once re-routed my mail to her place so she could review my banking/credit card & pay stub details -- I should have had her charged with mail fraud, but was the naive nice guy).

Any quick thoughts? Am I supposed to give her my SIN info? I saw some prior postings where some of you have blanked out that kind of info when doing the notice of assessment sharing, etc., but didn't see any follow ups as to if it was forced on anyone. Would FRO not contact me direct if they needed that info?

Thanks!

If FRO needs it get them to contact you.

do NOT give her or FRO your Credit Card Info.

Comment

Why not just contact FRO directly and ask them if they need any further info from you? Doesn't hurt to be proactive I would think.

Comment

FRO as far as I can tell does not need this info. I have the initial letter from FRO in front of me, and it makes no mention of that.

And as FB wisely states, let FRO ask if they need it. They aren't shy.

Comment

I've already tried to be proactive and sent FRO an old-fashioned fax message asking if they need the info... no response as of yet. I'll stand my ground and let her fury build. But she's texting daily and calling leaving angry voice mails every couple of days demanding the info - even going so far to say that I've lied to the court & fro about where I work and that she's telling the kids about how much of a liar & "deadbeat dad" I am. I really love how that term can so easily get tossed out there by angry bitter ex's!

Is there an average wait time that people go through before getting payments from FRO? Not that she'll listen if I tell her, but at least for my own knowledge of when she'll start getting payments.

Thanks!

Comment

This is a tactic.

She is trying to get your blood boiling so that you aren't focussed on the things you should be focussing on. Ignore it the best you can.

Comment

Do not pay her direct. FRO will charge you.

Comment

If a maintenance enforcement agency wants information from you they typically will send you a letter (or if you're in Alberta you get an email).

I wouldn't respond to her, particularly if she has a questionable background, as she could be planning something fraudulent.

Desperate people do desperate things. Always guard your personal information. When you have to submit financials to court you can black out your SIN.

If she did not complete her paperwork properly, or it was incomplete, things can get held up.

There is a new site which might have more information on FRO - it's called "Frostrating"

Comment

It usually takes a couple of months for FRO to start making payments. If CS or SS has been court ordered, they will get in touch with you if need be. You have no reason at all to give any info to your STBX. It's up to her to contact them if she feels the wait is taking too long.

Also don't get duped into sending her money until FRO catches up to speed - you'll probably never get it back.

Let her learn the fine art of 'patience'.

Comment

when you had to submit your income tax forms to your ex, your SIN is on it......correct????

Comment

Originally posted by mcr View Post
                      Ex is being very demanding about having me release my SIN, banking and even credit card info to her - she is saying FRO needs it...

...Ex is threatening to "take this back to court" unless I give her the info she wants, (fro hasn't starting giving her the cheques apparently) and is...
                      Your ex is a nut job in this case...ignore it.

As others have suggested already, if FRO requires info from you, they will contact you. I know you said you were already in touch with them at least once (by fax?), but if you haven't yet, and you want to help facilitate this, call them, and talk to an agent directly (or have them call you back), saying you want to confirm they have all the information they require from you, and you want to verify.

If they say yes, send your ex a registered letter, or an email stating (in writing) that you have followed up with FRO, and FRO confirms that they have all the information they require from you, so you consider your involvement in this matter closed for now. Then leave it at that.

Let her take you to court, if she wants. She won't.
                      Last edited by dad2bandm; 05-06-2014, 09:45 AM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Originally posted by mcr View Post
                        Ex is being very demanding about having me release my SIN, banking and even credit card info to her - she is saying FRO needs it...
                        Do not provide any of this info to her directly. I assume you both exchange your tax returns or NOAs (notices of assessment), each year? If so, she would have your SIN already, unless you black it out. I always black my SIN out, before providing tax info to ex. She does not require it.

Comment

I black out my SIN on the NOA as well - as well as RRSP contributions as well - she doesn't need that info as far as I'm concerned.

as an FYI to all who responded, FRO did call and ask for my SIN to get things moving along - they had no need for any extra banking info like my ex was stating.

Thanks!

Comment

Simple to me.

She says FRO needs the info.

Get her to provide a copy of letter from FRO to her stating they need your info from her.

Alternatively have her show you where is says that FRO needs this info from you and how they would have informed her of this.

Put your request in writing and state that you will ignore any further requests for your SIN to be sent to FRO until she complies.

Good luck.

Comment

Actually the information she is requesting is part of the registration package that FRO sent her, or she is being proactive and completing it before they actually send it out to her.

Ontario Central Forms Repository - Form Identification

If you have a court order indicating support to be paid, it should of been paid directly to the recipient as of the date of the order until the initial FRO letter is received, the upon receipt of that letter and case number yon begin to pay FRO directly. Only once the letter has been received would you have a monetary penalty for paying the recipient directly. FRO will typically release any funds received to the recipient within a day or two once they have received it from either the payor directly or through garnishment.

You could just simply state that you have provided FRO with the necessary details they require. She can leave the info she doesn't know blank on the form.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X