ex made an offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex made an offer

She suggested that our child continues to go to school in my area for 2 more years if I sign an agreement that after that, he goes to junior high in her area.

She whined how difficult it is for her to drive 2-3 days a week for 40 minutes each way and it is gas costly. But she "forgot" that the kid was born and mostly raised here. She moved twice in the last 12 months but it never crossed her mind to move closer to the child's school. She wants to be close to her mama, sisters....

Since she is on welfare and only receiving around $1000, it must be hard for her to pay $2000 for bills and rent which alone is $1400. Said she barely meets her ends.

I would like to ask if anyone has a suggestion for this. There is only about 3 weeks of school left but I wanted to change the school and have my kid go to the school that is in our residential school zone. One of the reasons is, some kid slammed my son;s head against concrete floor and then stomped on his head. It has been dealt with properly (police said they will send cas) there to see why is that boy who is 2 years older than my kid so violent. I heard he once carried a knife to school and lives right next to it.

My ex agreed to remove our son from there due to his safety because we don't want him get injured again or even stabbed. But with 3 weeks left I don't know what to do.

There is only about 3 weeks of school left but I wanted to change the school and have my kid go to the school that is in our residential school zone.
    For three weeks, should your child not finish the year with their friends then change over the summer? Are the teachers not able to guarantee safety for the last part of the year?

Otherwise, would it impact his education to pull him for the last few weeks?

Comment

I wouldn't be pulling him with only three weeks left. Let him finish the year with his friends. You can still register him at the new school.

As for the agreement I wouldn't agree to anything you won't follow through with. You could maybe agree to a review clause in x-amount of years as you realize the needs of the child changes. But if I was in your shoes I wouldn't agree to something for years down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

BF...If I don't sign she may proceed with her threat about days missed..and those lates...

BTW I am getting my health back....according to the doctors I should be all OK within a few months

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
          For three weeks, should your child not finish the year with their friends then change over the summer? Are the teachers not able to guarantee safety for the last part of the year?

Otherwise, would it impact his education to pull him for the last few weeks?
          ^ Sounds logical to me. Either the school gaurantees the child's safety or child doesn't attend for remainder of year. Not sure what impact that would have on exams. It's unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
            ^ Sounds logical to me. Either the school gaurantees the child's safety or child doesn't attend for remainder of year. Not sure what impact that would have on exams. It's unfortunate.
            They cannon guarantee. When I asked that the principal said how can I guarantee that your son won't stab someone.....The school nearby here won't accept him for the rest of the year....I am not sure what to do....that kid has threaten to hurt my son again, his friends told him.

Makes me angry beyond belief but I don't wanna get in trouble with school. I wouldn't hurt the other kid but I would like to talk to him and try to befriend the kids. Not allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Iceberg View Post
              They cannon guarantee. When I asked that the principal said how can I guarantee that your son won't stab someone.....The school nearby here won't accept him for the rest of the year....I am not sure what to do....that kid has threaten to hurt my son again, his friends told him.

Makes me angry beyond belief but I don't wanna get in trouble with school. I wouldn't hurt the other kid but I would like to talk to him and try to befriend the kids. Not allowed.
              Did the school suspend the kid at least? Preferably for the remainder of the school year? But that doesn't gaurantee the kid won't come around. What doea child say? They feel comfortable attending at such school?

Comment

Go to a doctor and get a note that your
                Child is
                Stressed
                And cannot attend school. You
                Then apply for home tutoring and exams to be taken at home. There is only 1 week of real teaching left if that so no big
                Deal if he
                Does Not attend. Just needs to
                Do his exams and
                School would be
                Able to accommodate that. Go to the school board if
                Necessary

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                  Did the school suspend the kid at least? Preferably for the remainder of the school year? But that doesn't gaurantee the kid won't come around. What doea child say? They feel comfortable attending at such school?
                  My kid feels comfortable. The school suspended that kid for 5 days but when he came back he wouldn't talk to the principal and because of that he cannot be back to school. So he is rather staying home than talking to the principal. The fact that he lives across the street from school is what worries me.

Beachnana: I would do that but his mom is against it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X