X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion to change Support Deduction Order

Hi,

What is the procedure to have a 'temporary order' become a final order to have an existing Support Deduction Order changed?

More specifically, can anyone provide the wording to ensure only the payor of Spousal Support make their payment, which is the greater amount to paid to FRO, i.e. offset against Child Support.

Thanks,

I was in a similar situation for a bit.

I was paying $1,000/mth SS and she paid me $300/mth CS, so I pay her offset amount of $700/mth.

We withdrew from FRO involvement at the beginning but before we did that the FRO set up two different case files, one for each payment. So it seems administratively they treat each support obligation independantly.

Your temporary will continue until it is changed. It doesn't ever have to become final.

Because you have a court order (?) then it was presumably registered with the FRO. If you two withdrew (and you have to jointly withdraw) from their involvement on either or both support obligations you can re-register for thier involvement. That's what I did when my SS terminated and she didn't pay the CS amount. It will cost you $50 to re-file.

All that said, if you pursue FRO involvement on one side of the offset arrangement, expect the other party to do the same on the other side.

Comment

Hey everyone,

I don't quite understand... are you saying if one party requests the off-set which is the difference between the two amounts, that the other side would likely do the same.

How is that possible if the one party owes more than the other, i.e. higher spousal support than child support payments?

Thank you for your consideration.

Comment

What I'm saying is that the SS order is separate from the CS order. The FRO will enforce each order independantly.

Comment

Hey Dad,

Is there any way to have just one garnishee happen through FRO for the Spousal Support?

The difference is a few hundred dollars, but I don't see why that amount alone should not be deducted rather than having both being deducted... does that make sense?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X