Wondering about an motion to stop support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering about an motion to stop support

Hi I'll be filing a motion soon to stop support for my eldest kid who is 23 and graduated about 2 years ago from post-secondary. Nobody told me about this and I found out through other sources. I asked FRO to stop enforcement but they sent her a letter and she didn't agree it should stop. Anyway, I am now having to go to court to stop it. I'm wondering if it I should also request in the motion to be allowed to access to school information for my other child who is also in post-secondary. Neither child talks to me because of parental alienation from their mom. I wish I didn't have to go this route because I think it will make things worse but I don't know what else to do. Thanks.

You should file a motion to change and the change is that one child is no longer in school. In your motion you request disclosure of information including transcripts, record of enrollment and program details.

Were you not paying a portion of school expenses?

Comment

would having a stop date in a parenting agreement prevent the need for this?

Comment

It should but it doesnt always work. My partner has a stop date in his but his ex is arguing for it to continue claiming health related reasons.

Comment

I had an educational saving account for them that was used. I don't mind at all paying for the children but I don't want the ex taking money she's not entitled to! I can't begin to tell you how bitter and vindictive she has been since I remarried. She told me outright that she would make my life Hell.

Comment

Which is pretty much how my partner feels. He has no problem paying his portion of the expenses so his kids can get an education but his ex thinks she should get all the money he got from the divorce back. Thats not how it works.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X