Court Transcripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Transcripts

I have a question for all those bright minds out there who have been through family court and have had occasion to obtain court transcripts.

In Alberta the cost of transcripts is quite precise and spelled out clearly in the Rules of Court. I am to understand that part(s) of the transcripts can be ordered.

Does anyone know anything about a "court clerk's copy?" This copy would not have the judge or the lawyer's comments - this is what I have been told by someone who is not very bright.

Does anyone know if a court clerk is free to distribute their copy?

Very puzzling to me. My ex is of course taking me for another round in court. The lawyer's can agree and the judge has stipulated in a letter to the lawyers that they have to get a copy of the transcripts 2 weeks prior to setting up another time in his courtroom. Ex's g/f is saying she has a copy of the "court clerk's notes." Ex's g/f is the main force behind the continuous litigation. My ex just pays for her amusement. I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a 'court clerk's notes.'

Keep in mind ex's g/f is a chronic liar but I have to say she certainly is persistent and has shown resourcefulness in the past.

Any thoughts?

IMO your X is lair because the court clerk uses a stenographic device that doesn't even type in any kind of legible language.
    It's uber short hand, which is often specif to the stenographer themselves.

If you need copies of the transcripts make sure you get them in full and pay for them yourself. Don't trust the X, and just for sh*ts and giggles- have her bring the clerks notes to your first meeting so you can compare your transcript to her claimed documentation

http://image.yaymicro.com/rz_1210x12...bet-372464.jpg

click the link to see the steno alphabet n you'll see what I mean

Comment

Thanks StacysMom. I figured ex's g/f was full of bs (she always is) but I did wonder if there was some other document that I wasn't aware of. You have clarified this for me.

My lawyer emailed me and he has ordered the transcripts. It will be expensive but my lawyer wouldn't go this route unless he was confident of receiving costs. Judge said in his letter that the losing party should expect "substantial costs."

Yeah I'd love to see what the ex's g/f has. Probably just her own notes. She has made the divorce her life's calling. Thing is though, we've been divorced for 4 years now. She just doesn't get it.

Comment

For appeal I needed to obtain transcripts - all court sessions here in Quebec are recorded digitally and you pay something like 3$/minute.

You can order just part of the court session but depending on the circumstance you want to get the whole thing or "generous portions"

It is expensive

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Thanks StacysMom. I figured ex's g/f was full of bs (she always is) but I did wonder if there was some other document that I wasn't aware of. You have clarified this for me.

My lawyer emailed me and he has ordered the transcripts. It will be expensive but my lawyer wouldn't go this route unless he was confident of receiving costs. Judge said in his letter that the losing party should expect "substantial costs."

Yeah I'd love to see what the ex's g/f has. Probably just her own notes. She has made the divorce her life's calling. Thing is though, we've been divorced for 4 years now. She just doesn't get it.
          No prob arabian. I feel for your situation. 4 years is a long time...
          I'm not sure if this has been answered before or not; but I gotta ask- was being married to her the same hellish nightmare, or did she turn unexpectedly crazy after the split? lol

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X