Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search function. Possible changes Jeff?

I wonder if anyone feels that my suggestion would be helpful too.

I was wondering if perhaps the search function could be altered a bit? Could it be changed to when you search for a term, just the individual posts come up? It is very difficult to wade through a thread that is 5 pages long with individual posts that are sometimes 3,000 words long to find where your term is listed.

Or perhaps as a different solution, when you search for a term, maybe they could somehow be highlighted for easier locating? Much like the search function of canlii?

I think many people have trouble with the search function here because it takes forever to find that one reply that has the word you are looking for and wading through irrelevant posts is time consuming.

Just a suggestion. Or maybe someone else can think of something better than that.

When you do a search, choose "Advanced Search."

Choose the option "Display as Post" instead of "Display as Thread."

Choose to save this as your default option.

Comment

I bet that will help. Thanks Mess!

Comment

Plus, I think the search term IS highlighted already, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
          Plus, I think the search term IS highlighted already, isn't it?
          No, not that I can tell unless there is a setting for that as well that I have missed.

Comment

My search terms come up in red, even with basic search, so I'm not sure what setting that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
              When you do a search, choose "Advanced Search."

Choose the option "Display as Post" instead of "Display as Thread."

Choose to save this as your default option.
              Exactly! Thanks Mess.
              Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X