X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun to search Google images for 'divorce cake'

https://www.google.ca/search?q=divor...w=1309&bih=670

Comment

I had my divorce certificate included with my divorce. It was sent to me. Very anti-climatic event, I just stuffed it in a file with all my other legal papers.

Comment

I think when people finally get through it all they are so drained there just is not enough emotion left for a celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
          I think when people finally get through it all they are so drained there just is not enough emotion left for a celebration.
          I had a small celebration. Not of the end of the marriage or the impact on the kids, but the end of the fight after separation.

Comment

When I got my divorce my only thought was that I could finally stop paying insane amounts of money to my lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by smileandwalkaway View Post
              When I got my divorce my only thought was that I could finally stop paying insane amounts of money to my lawyer.
              Yes I admit that was a nice benefit.

Comment

My divorce was cheap compared to the aftermath.

I too thought divorce would be the end of things.

As it turns out, according to our divorce judgement, the whole process could start over again. As of January 2014 SS is up for review!

In my case, certain things in life are not just "death and taxes" but "family court, death and taxes."

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
                  Fun to search Google images for 'divorce cake'

https://www.google.ca/search?q=divor...w=1309&bih=670
                  BWHAAAAAAAAAAA

AWESOME thanks for that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                    My divorce was cheap compared to the aftermath.

I too thought divorce would be the end of things.

As it turns out, according to our divorce judgement, the whole process could start over again. As of January 2014 SS is up for review!

In my case, certain things in life are not just "death and taxes" but "family court, death and taxes."
                    Have you ever considered to just make a slow gradual tapering off of Spousal Support rather than fight it out every once in a while. Most payors I think want to just see there is a light at the end of the tunnel....

Comment

My divorce judgement does indeed "taper things off" quite nicely for my ex.

My ex has opted to take me to court 2 x/yr minimum to try to fight a divorce judgement that he fully agreed to (with experienced legal counsel). My legal bills are astronomical. He owes tens of thousands in arrears.

The last time in court (2 weeks ago) the judge specifically told his lawyer that he sees absolutely no reason to overturn the divorce judgement. He has been told this time and time again (at least 8 times by 8 different judges). I am powerless to stop him from continuing on his quest. This is a game for him.

Give him a break? Where's my "light at the end of the tunnel?"

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                        My divorce judgement does indeed "taper things off" quite nicely for my ex.

My ex has opted to take me to court 2 x/yr minimum to try to fight a divorce judgement that he fully agreed to (with experienced legal counsel). My legal bills are astronomical. He owes tens of thousands in arrears.

The last time in court (2 weeks ago) the judge specifically told his lawyer that he sees absolutely no reason to overturn the divorce judgement. He has been told this time and time again (at least 8 times by 8 different judges). I am powerless to stop him from continuing on his quest. This is a game for him.

Give him a break? Where's my "light at the end of the tunnel?"
                        Does he get dinged with your costs each time? He should, and one would think that would be enough to stop this insanity.

Comment

Judge told his lawyer the matter of post-divorce costs would have to be addressed before any review of the divorce.

So there is my "gift" to my ex. He hasn't been hit with costs for 80% of the nonsense.

We are entitled to double costs and I believe my lawyer is currently working on this. Because we were continually in court matters got put over and melded into others. My ex has been protected by bankruptcy so enforcing costs would have been futile up to this point. Discharge is pending so that will change things. I wouldn't be surprised if he left the country.

Comment

My divorce took a year to be granted but my case continued with child support and custody to be resolved a year after that.

Comment

I got my divorce on October 5. I was already in a committed relationship and my ex and I had been getting along. He also has a partner. Oct 5 was a Saturday - I barely gave it a thought. He called me Monday asking me if I knew was Saturday was. I said Yes. He then asked how I felt. I said it was just another day. He said "you know when someone is dying but when they die it is still a shock?". I said "yes" and he said "that's how I felt".

Even though hes in a committed relationship he hasn't really moved on completely. He has told me he will always love me.

I'm now remarried and happy as a clam. All is well in our family! Except he needs to truly move on and get on with his life. I guess if he feels so sad and regrets our divorce he shouldn't have slept around on me for 25 years. Karma is a bitch.

Comment

Sax- I agree. Sometimes its just too late. My ex also came to me after the divorce apologizing and crying. Although it hurt me to see him say the words that I had spent so many years to hear....I just felt numb and i was not even in a relationship then and now. I know he loves me and has changed, and I have changed too, but sometimes just love is not enough. The trust that was shattered will never come back.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X