removing items from TRIAL RECORD...help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing items from TRIAL RECORD...help

My ex-husband's lawyer has informed me that I MUST remove items from the Trial Record that I created, specifically:
    1) An Interim Motion
    2) The affidavits/responses with respect to the interim motion
    3) Agreed upon statement of facts (because they are not agreed upon)

If I don't have them removed, he will file a motion to have them removed and seek costs.

Can he do this? How do I have them removed? Should I just leave them in?

THANK YOU for your help!

Personally I would NEVER do anything that my Ex's lawyer asked me to do. Who do you think they are working for? He is claiming that you will have costs to pay unless you do as he commands? Really?

If I were you, I would get a lawyer's advice (your own). Would be way less expensive than whatever costs are being threatened and you would get advice that would be in YOUR best interests.

Comment

Family Law Rules - Continuing Record — Ontario Court Services

You can usually get information from the clerks at the court house if you are polite and they aren't too busy.

... perhaps opposing counsel has forgotten that an "Interim Order" is, indeed, an order....

Comment

1) An Interim Motion
        2) The affidavits/responses with respect to the interim motion
        The Order from the motion should go in; the motion form, along with the supporting information, should not. That is evidence to be proven at trial, if relevant.

3) Agreed upon statement of facts (because they are not agreed upon)
        How were the agreed facts decided? Have requests to admit been served, etc?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X