Proof of cohab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
    Not in my life. I can honestly say that all the people I've seen though divorce, it's women who do not fare well financially or emotionally.

My ex did it not once, but twice. He abandoned the next woman, with whom he had another daughter, and left her with nowhere to go but her parents house as well.

He also spent a fortune fighting custody with that child as well. Then promptly left the country for another woman. This one deserves it though (the newest one, not the other mom)
    Look at the guys on this form compared to the women..... Not a single woman here was thrown out of their home, had their children taken away.... Get real.

Even the guys who are successful here did it due to heroic efforts and under tremendous pressure.

Yes, I have a daughter, sister, mother, aunts etc... and no I don't think women are inferior or worse than me.
    Last edited by Links17; 07-27-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Look at the guys on this form compared to the women..... Not a single woman here was thrown out of their home, had their children taken away.... Get real.

Even the guys who are successful here did it due to heroic efforts and under tremendous pressure.

Yes, I have a daughter, sister, mother, aunts etc... and no I don't think women are inferior or worse than me.
      That just isn't true. I was thrown out of my home. I didn't have my child taken away, because he clearly didn't want her. He willingly dropped her off at my parents while I was being processed. None of that stopped the constant threats that my child was going to be taken away from me.

The women are successful due to their own heroic efforts as well. I too beat a lawyer hands down, obtained not only primary custody, but sole custody. I also got a child support agreement. My ex's lawyer was duly admonished by the judge during the case. Then formally admonished by the Law Society. Men aren't the only ones that working against all odds. I had to.

Comment

Yes, I endured CAS allegations, OCL involvement, the whole 9 yards. I went through what men go through. I too had to fight every step of the god-damned way.

I'm not the first woman to endure all of this at the hands of a man, this is a whole lot more common that you realize.

Comment

the Court threw out of your home with your child? If so on what grounds

Comment

the Court threw out of your home with your child? If so on what grounds
            The police did initially. They charged me with assault which was complete crap. I had my child because my ex packed her up and dropped her off at my parent's house while I was being processed.

Then I was kicked out by virtue of non-contact order and the ex's desire to be an ass. I wasn't allowed contact for a month and he refused to leave the marital home. So, while my daughter and I shared a bed in a room at my parent's house, he enjoyed our 4 bedroom house. Then he changed the locks.

I never went back. All charges were dismissed. But that took months. I've been finger-printed and photographed.

He then made allegation after allegation to CAS. Luckily, his own behaviour tipped off CAS and in the end, I came out unscathed.

But OCL was another story altogether.

I spent $25000 in legal fees before I was flat out broke and unable to do anything more. Then I got a back bone and spent years reversing the mess my lawyer got me into.

You see, while 50/50 should be the norm, and can be overwhelmingly the most sensible arrangement, it isn't for everyone. But, I listened to reason, agreed my life away, forgave all support arrears, and settled for 50/50 custody. The ex then sent the child home with a note saying "you can keep her" and has not seen her since. His choice.

I spent 4 years reversing the situation sound legal advice, negotiation and compromise got me into, and he fought me every step of the way. All while ignoring his child and turning down very generous offers of access that included a paid vacation for him, because he had by then left the country. All while having the child 100% of the time and receiving offset support and not having enough parental control to take her across the border.

This is what bothers me, there was one thing I knew that everyone else advising me did not. And that's my ex. I know him better than anyone, his good and bad. And I knew that this was just one more tactic, one more plot and one more win. But, according to many with opinions that are meant to be influential, they knew best. My guts told me I was wrong to agree, but I succumbed to the pressure of "being reasonable", and paid a huge price for not listening to my own instinct.
            Last edited by MS Mom; 07-27-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Nice trying to discredit my points by making a joke out of it.... have fun in your street corner, spit don't swallow with all that zika going around

Just to be clear, this isn't about every women, all women or even a lot of women it is about the fact a woman can ACTUALLY get away with this legally and sanctioned by society and the law.

Try to be a guy and have 4 kids with 4 different women where would you be?

Try to be woman and have 4 kids with 4 different men, child support and handouts from a single one of them could cover a decent lifestyle.

Some women are ambitious, put their careers to the side and deserve support. Some never had a chance at a decent paying job and instead gotten on the marriage bandwagon and for some reason become entitled to some lifestyle which was out of their grasp....

If men are screwed after divorce it is because the law screws them.

IF women are screwed after divorce it is mostly their choice either before, during or after the marriage. I don't accept that in today's society that a woman who wanted to work would not be able to while married. It's a tower of lies...

A woman with 4 different children from 4 different fathers would have the children living with her. You, on the other hand, would view this as "variety" in your sex life no? Very rarely does a man opt for custody of 4 children that he had with 4 different women. In fact, I've never heard of it, so it's not really relevant.

Comment

No but my ex hid all of our money and refused to give me any and left me holding the bag with all of our personal and corporate debt. One can't pay a mortgage without money so the house ended up gone as did everything else that had money owing on it. With the assistance of CRA (yes the government) I was able to seize some company assets and pay the money owed to the government. As a director in the company I was liable for everything.

I spent the remainder of my money on lawyers (criminal, corporate and family). To this very day my ex (his g/f) take me to court. In fact, I have to file a response to his latest attempt (I've lost count but I know it's over 7 times) at having SS eliminated.

Don't whine to me about how men are the victims in family court. EVERYONE loses.

Your misogynist statements make no sense to me, particularly as you have a daughter, a sister and a mother.

In a very short period of time you will be free. So what are you going to do with your freedom? Perhaps you should look to a female companion from a 3rd world country. There are dating web-sites for men like you. Just don't give them your visa card.

Comment

I have not reached an agreement , but the proposal in front of me is to lock me for the length of the marriage for spousal support. What are the common law state? Can I ask to be off the hook after 3 years of cohab?

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would you date a man without a job? Forget bad teeth - unemployment is biggest turn-off for three-quarters of women | Daily Mail Online

Here you go, I can provide more. I don't even have a problem with women being "gold diggers" what I have a problem is state sanctionned and supported gold digging. YOu want to be with a guy cuz he is rich, SURE..... You want to leave a guy cuz he is RICH and still benefit.... biggest fraud of the 21st century probably

Comment

Would you date a man without a job? Forget bad teeth - unemployment is biggest turn-off for three-quarters of women | Daily Mail Online

Here you go, I can provide more. I don't even have a problem with women being "gold diggers" what I have a problem is state sanctionned and supported gold digging. YOu want to be with a guy cuz he is rich, SURE..... You want to leave a guy cuz he is RICH and still benefit.... biggest fraud of the 21st century probably
                      Stop presuming what I or anyone else wants. And it's probably in your best interests to stop quoting and relying on The Daily Mail.

https://www.quora.com/How-credible-is-the-Daily-Mail

Comment

sorry thought this was the pew survey

The best and worst cities for women looking to marry | Pew Research Center

Comment

So, now you're quoting 2 year old American sources. I suppose that's better than a British tabloid, except this article discusses the best and worst places to find a marriage partner. It's all based on population counts of single men vs single women.

The only mention of money is the number of men employed per 100 women, among unmarried adults. The stats are also pretty dismal when you examine how many single, unmarried men are unemployed.

"And among never-married women interested in marriage, 78% said that it is “very important” to them that a potential spouse has a steady job (only 46% of never-married men said the same)."

It doesn't appear all that important to these men if women are employed or not.

Comment

Although entertaining and informative, this thread has strayed far from the OP's questions so let's get back to that.

Thanks.

Comment

And among never-married women interested in marriage, 78% said that it is “very important” to them that a potential spouse has a steady job (only 46% of never-married men said the same).
                              It is the most important thing for a woman (Statistically) that the guy works.

So unemployed guys = unmarriage (80% of women will not consider you)
                              Unemployed women = 50/50 ...

Which is fine, everybody makes choices... the problem is these unemployed women post marriage become a drag on the employed men because of law.

Record Share of Americans Have Never Married | Pew Research Center
                              Look at the graph on the right...

Comment

Links, you have no evidence other than your own obsession for this insistence that there's a huge problem with divorced women bleeding men dry, and moreover, you're talking to an internet forum full of divorced women like me who are financially self-sufficient, many of whom (like me) are actually paying CS to their lower-earning former spouses. So would you please give it a rest?

And your repeated use of "prostitute", "gold-diggers", "whores" and so on in reference to women is offensive to half the human race. Do you use racial slurs whenever you talk about a black person? Do you think anti-Semitic insults are a fine way to identify a Jewish person? Do you refer to gay acquaintances as "f---ts"? No? Then don't do it with women either.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X