A documentary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A documentary

I sort of have an idea for a few fathers here who successfully slew the family law monster be interviewed for a documentary to give other fathers tips about how there is hope of they play ball and play smart....

LF32, PlainNamed, WorkingDad and myself... It has to be people I think who were in conflictual situations and came up on top.... I wonder if we need "victories" where the moms were not crazy though... hmmm

Are there any guys who litigated but the mothers were NOT crazy and won shared custody?

I wonder if the act of fighting against shared custody in itself is an act of lunacy?

I think that's a great idea Links.

Comment

It would be more balanced if they interviewed both men and women. Men who have conquered the "money grabbing crazy ex" and women who have slain the " narcistic highearning ex with the big fancy lawyer"!

Let's keep it real. Plus according to you Links women are at home all day watching TV, living off their ex's hard graft so they would be the ones with the time to,watch TV.

Comment

childrenandhappy litigated and received 50/50. His ex isn't "crazy" but very vindictive and tried the typical false allegation route of claiming DV (which of course got her nowhere).

Comment

Arabian: That is a nicer title. And vindictive is a better title than crazy. Lots of vindictive people out there who would relate! Male and female.

Comment

Actually the point of the documentary is to inspire men that the "status quo" of women getting what they want in family law is over and what they need to do to secure it. There is enough support for women... I am looking to help men who are ambushed by their wives and spouses and make sure they succeed in getting what's best for them and their kids.

The Title Would be more like:
            Return of the Father: A New Hope

Its amazing, on every thread people attribute these terribly misogynistic accusations at me.

I know for a fact women work, there are at least 6 here in my company of 80 people...
            Last edited by Links17; 02-04-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

How about registering a parents' group to help fathers (and mothers) in dealing with unfair litigation rather than an interview?

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post

Its amazing, on every thread people attribute these terribly misogynistic accusations at me.

I know for a fact women work, there are at least 6 here in my company of 80 people...

That might have to do with your habit of posting things like this on the thread about cohabitation:

"Are all women gold-digging bitches? - No definitely not - there must be at least one .

But every women can potentially rob me blind through the state - so every man should understand family law and protect themselves because they pay and women gain 95% of the time. Women can just blindly go through life and the state will "protect" them, not the same for men."

This is misogynist, and it's dumb to boot. It's typical of the angry little woman-hating trolls who litter the internet talking to each other. There are plenty of better and smarter men out there in real life.

Comment

All upper level management?

Or, at minimum, equal pay?
                  Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by stripes View Post
                    That might have to do with your habit of posting things like this on the thread about cohabitation:

"Are all women gold-digging bitches? - No definitely not - there must be at least one .

But every women can potentially rob me blind through the state - so every man should understand family law and protect themselves because they pay and women gain 95% of the time. Women can just blindly go through life and the state will "protect" them, not the same for men."

This is misogynist, and it's dumb to boot. It's typical of the angry little woman-hating trolls who litter the internet talking to each other. There are plenty of better and smarter men out there in real life.
                    You left out the smiley face , it was tongue in cheek.

I am not gay so the second part yes only applies to a woman I marry or have kids with (in Quebec)

I am pretty damn good, in family law anyways.... But you're right there aren't any women that are better than me, just men

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                      All upper level management?

Or, at minimum, equal pay?
                      I don't know the pay but they are spread out in the company including pink ghetto.

but funny thing is that I used to be a union president and was actually involved in equal pay calculations, in fact last week a female ex coworker of mine was complaining about her salary and i was explaining how to use salary equity laws to get a raise.
                      Last edited by Links17; 02-04-2016, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
                        How about registering a parents' group to help fathers (and mothers) in dealing with unfair litigation rather than an interview?
                        Don't underestimate the power of media and education. It can have a national impact and kickstand tonnes of those initiatives....

I just realized I can get funding for this from the CMF maybe....

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of media and education. It can have a national impact and kickstand tonnes of those initiatives....

I wish you luck, as a single male parent I have been lucky for the most part but I totally see how the court system gives moms a little more of a chance...well the system as a whole seems to cater to females more, even the unions when it comes to seniority will give a compassionate to a female right away, when it comes to a male it seems to be more of a battle, my doctor even agreed with me the other day that its a much tougher go for a single male parent in the work force, through the courts, or for getting a little extra help or compassion in the system. Even the police smirk at you and tell you not to worry about it when you get threats of death or extreme beating from the ex and their female counterparts, the exwife even choked the crap out of the daughter and threatened to kick the living crap out of her, the daughter called 911 asap, the exwife drove off with the other younger daughter until the cops left and went back home...nothing much happened except a follow up by cfs weeks later...where the daughter was told to tell the cfs she lied about the incident, nothing else happened case closed, if it was a father the cops would be scouring the neighbourhood for him I would imagine he would be thrown in jail asap.

Maybe I am over doing it a little but I have had many more experiences where single male parent is a little more, or a lot more of an uphill battle than a female single parents battle would be. I still feel lucky for everything I have though.

Links17, you have willpower, patience, and the smarts to do what you believe in, good luck to you! Lots of good ways to share your stories with the public, you will find a good way to do it!
                          Last edited by undersc0re; 02-04-2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

How exactly an interview or a documentary can help people? You go on TV or w/e, you tell your story and then?

Im not against it, just think something else could work better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Iceberg View Post
                              How exactly an interview or a documentary can help people? You go on TV or w/e, you tell your story and then?

Im not against it, just think something else could work better.
                              First of all, I get famous and make a lot of money so that is great...

I am under the impression a lot of guys settle for less than shared becuase they are told mothers get sole and that's the way things are however that's not true but it takes knowledge as a start and also when litigating it is important to know what to focus on....

The documentary would just be a gateway... To those other things...
                              Last edited by Links17; 02-05-2016, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X