• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrimonial home question

Both names are on the matrimonial home.
    It was bought february 2009 --267 000
    Separation date september 2011---mortgage owing 242 000
    I made the down payment and all the mortgage payments and bills
    I also paid for repairs,maintenance and renovations ($15000 +)

So on Financial statement form--- the value of the house and the percentage %---what should I have put.....?

Because he is asking for the sale of the house or for me to buy him out--does it matter that it was all my money anyways or is it 50-50?

Originally posted by ftmomont View Post
    Both names are on the matrimonial home.
    It was bought february 2009 --267 000
    Separation date september 2011---mortgage owing 242 000
    I made the down payment and all the mortgage payments and bills
    I also paid for repairs,maintenance and renovations ($15000 +)

So on Financial statement form--- the value of the house and the percentage %---what should I have put.....?

Because he is asking for the sale of the house or for me to buy him out--does it matter that it was all my money anyways or is it 50-50?
    you own 50% and owe 50%. It sucks that you forked out all the money (why didnt he pay anything?) but it is the marital home.

Comment

It sucks that you forked out all the money (why didnt he pay anything?) but it is the marital home.
      Whoever put out the money will not have made a difference. Either you had the money in another form at the marriage date - and thus can deduct it - or it was earned during the marriage, in which case it would be equalized anyways.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X