Dad/Son post custody loss suicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad/Son post custody loss suicide

Father in fatal SUV, Via train collision was in midst of custody battle - Montreal - CBC News

Pretty sad, it seems the father wasn't a top notch guy (besides the accusations of conjugal violence and divorce related accusations).

It seems he was drug dealer, drove without a license (90 days in jail) etc...

Pretty sad, seems he lost custody and got kicked out of his home + restraining order (other articles)

so you think its sad that a drug dealer lost custody of his child???

If he wanted to kill himself then fine, but he murdered his son at the same time. Yep stand up guy there.

Comment

No, the situation is sad - the guy seems overall bad news (though it could be bad press).

Comment

Criminal or not, he was obviously very troubled and couldn't generate normal solutions to his problems. Murder suicides like this usually fall into one of several categories:

• "I don't want to live, but I don't want my child to grow up without a father." (suicidal altruistic)
        • "I don't want to live, but I don't want my ex to have my child all to herself." (suicidal punitive)
        • "I don't want my ex to have my child, but I won't be able to live without him." (punitive guilt-ridden)
        • "I don't want my ex to have my child, but I don't want to face the consequences." (punitive escape)

I don't see enough info in the article to narrow it down further.

Evo-psych suggests that this behaviour propagated because it deterred mothers and onlookers from doing whatever it was that set the man off in the first place. Fortunately, our society no longer falls for that, but the instinct is still buried in there, manifesting now and then in murder-suicides and violent rampages.

Sorry I have no source for this, my course was a nearly decade ago, but these are concepts I retained.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X