X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A small hello

Hi everyone:

I thought I would do a quick intro.
    35 year old female. Was married for 16 years.
    Seperated for almost two years
    Still in the middle of doing this divorce.
    Three kids (ages 16, 15, 10)

I filed for divorce, because of verbal, sexual (that I can't really prove) abuse. Also the soon to be X was a real bad gambler. (Bad meaning he blew ALOT of money)

I really do not understand the legal system at all. I have a great lawyer, but it seems that we are the ones that always have to prove ourselves because the ex's lawyer is more established and semi retired.
    The ex really hasn't had to answer to anything or any complaint.
    (Sometimes I just wish that he had to explain where all his money is.... and what he has spent his money on...... instead of the other way around.)

It took me almost 8 months to get a child support order. The ex refused to give a dime to me or the kids after we moved out of the house. (In January of this year)
    Yes,.... I moved out of the house for my safety and for the safety of the kids.

Spousal support has been ordered but FRO still has not received the order yet.... But at least somethings are looking up.

I'm here if anyone needs to talk.....

Hi Fresh Starts,

Welcome to the divorce forums. Thanks for sharing your story!

I’m glad to hear someone say something good about lawyers :-) Even with the best legal help, it can take a long time to get results. Patience is important in getting through your divorce.

Sorry to hear about all that you’ve gone through. It sounds like you’ve made the right decision to end things.
    Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Hi Fresh Starts,

Glad to hear your situation is looking up...there is a little light at the end of the tunnel! But don't look too quickly to the FRO. I've been struggling to get my support order enforced since it was issued in January, and it's still not there (it's been complicated with my ex moving out-of-province)! Whatever you do, keep calling the FRO every month and speak to an agent! They keep track of your calls and seem to make sure that they have something to report to you if they know you are a regular caller.

Comment

Hi Fresh Starts...welcome!!
        I agree with Carla very much...keep track of all your phone calls and your communication with FRO...simple things get lost in their office due to changes with agents. And it is important to continuous be in contact with them.
        Good luck...Niki

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X