Perjury in Family Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perjury in Family Law

How does Family court deal with perjury? If a party has committed perjury and injustice has been done ,how can the other party get perjury charges laid? Any info will help.

I personally don't think they care...ive never heard of any perjury charges either...

Comment

Lying under oath and giving testimony that can result in injustice...shouldn't there be a penalization for it? how can the justice system not care if injustice has been carried out by them?

Comment

Of course there are penalties for perjury. But you will also find that they don't often get applied in Family law like they would in Criminal law.

Your best bet, if you can prove that the perjury is to file a motion to change based on the fact that the court didn't have all the information to make the right decision. If you can't prove perjury (and we are talking hard evidence, not hearsay) then don't bother.

Comment

I believe that I have read that perjury results in items being "struck" from records. This can be quite serious, particularly if it is evidence you were hoping to rely upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpinghands View Post
            How does Family court deal with perjury? If a party has committed perjury and injustice has been done ,how can the other party get perjury charges laid? Any info will help.

It doesn't. Perjury is a criminal offense.

Comment

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...al-court-9318/

Comment

It's ironic that when the truth really matters - it doesn't matter if you tell the truth.

That's family law.

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
                  It's ironic that when the truth really matters - it doesn't matter if you tell the truth.

That's family law.
                  its a shame really. That statement alone pretty much sums up my ex.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I get it! Family law don't care if you lie under oath. Its acceptable to have people in family court swear affidavits and lie in them. I will admit that i was a little upset reading some of the remarks on that thread.

Bottom line, Family court is evil! It brings so much anger and resentment and we see the ugly faces of people.

It sucks when you know that so many things said were lies but you cant do anything about it. It is not about being vindictive but there has to be some penalty!!! I am assuming that if the lies are exposed at trial, atleast it would shake the other party's credibility, and from what I have been reading, judges do not like people who are not credible.

I will have my day when we go on trial

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioDaddyMan View Post
                      its a shame really. That statement alone pretty much sums up my ex.
                      I agree hundred percent!

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post

That's family law.
                        I agree! its so ridiculous and this makes it easy for someone who has no problems lying but I am sure it can come back and bite their a$$ if it goes through trial. That is what I am banking on and to expose the other party's real face to the judge and shake their credibility.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X