Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are considered S7 expenses while attending university?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cindy39 View Post
    yes he did just hand the money over, he was trusting them.
    He needs to stop handing money over. If you accuse somebody of defrauding you, it is going to be tough to explain why you continued to give them money.

Unfortunately we never knew any of these details as they kept it all a secret I assume.
    Don't pay a penny unless full and proper documentation is obtained.

How can you charge someone on money that was never paid out?
    If the person you are charging never asks to see a bill, then you can do whatever you want.

The reason I do feel it is fraud is because she is not subtracting the child's grants and bursaries before calculating his 66 percent.
    Improper perhaps, but not fraud. You don't win in court by making accusations that are completely out of proportion to the reality.

If FRO is taking your money, then you go to court and get a court order for the correct amount.

If FRO is not taking your money, then you should not be losing any money. If you pay money without proper documentation, then that is your own fault. No court in the land can save you from yourself.

Comment

Not sure what degree she could possibly be getting.

If you go in at say/17/18 you can do an undergrad in 2 1/2 / 3 years. So out at 20 years of age.

Frankly, she's not taking enough courses to be a full time student. I.e. the University would turf you. Moreover, she only has so much time to finish the degree. I.e. 7 years / PT.

Sounds like complete BS and she's jacking you guys around.

Comment

After four years my partners ex finally decided to stop using estimates and sent receipts. The best part is that shes claiming expenses in several cities that are not where the school is and expenses like make-up and perfume. He told me last night hes actually embarrassed this is his kid.

Comment

well it is all irrelevant now...case conference judge said mediation, they are not up for mediating they are just demanding more money and that is it so now it is off to court...without our lawyer...just too damn much money for not one bit of satisfaction. They did however agree to stop child support after 6 years of university but want another 6000 dollars for her thesis...ha

Comment

we have been trying to see a judge for almost three years to change it!

Comment

Im confused. Has the ex filed a motion for the school expenses or did your husband file?

What is the status?

Comment

Update:
                After 3 years and approx. $12,000 to get the information that is rightfully ours, that being the proper expenses,loans, grants, we are now left with mediation with an opposing lawyer that does not want to mediate but just wants us to pay more. At case conference it was agreed that child support was to end in April. Well FRO took Mays support and our lawyer says to proceed is going to be too costly to not know if there is going to be any satisfaction out of the end result. So our only option is to just drop it and take the loss of about $50,000 or to proceed with no lawyer. We are concerned as we do not know the costs involved with no lawyer and also how do we get to see a judge???

Comment

Update:

After 3 years and approx. $12,000 to get the information that is rightfully ours, that being the proper expenses,loans, grants, we are now left with mediation with an opposing lawyer that does not want to mediate but just wants us to pay more. At case conference it was agreed that child support was to end in April. Well FRO took Mays support and our lawyer says to proceed is going to be too costly to not know if there is going to be any satisfaction out of the end result. So our only option is to just drop it and take the loss of about $50,000 or to proceed with no lawyer. We are concerned as we do not know the costs involved with no lawyer and also how do we get to see a judge???

Was a new order provided from this case conference? If yes, did your husband submit it to FRO? If no, expect CS to come out for June as well. Without a new court order submitted to FRO, FRO will continue to collect the CS as per the order

As for the $50,000 I don't think you will ever recoup that... and to try will be costly. Unfortunately your husband is also at fault for this over payment for not demanding the information and letting it go on for 4 years. By your own admission he was trusting of her and just paid whatever she said... this trust has cost him $50,000. Once CS is stopped why would you want to continue to have this lady in your life by going to court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There was one agreement that the cs would stop in April but we got no paperwork from lawyer and he said that they would submit it...they apparently did not. The lawyers in this town all stick together. I have already made a complaint to the Upper Law Society and waiting to hear back from them.
                    It is easier said then done to demand the information when FRO is involved, the ex just submits the bill to them and they take it out or take his pension and all that jazz. That is what his lawyer said...oh just don't pay it...hahaha, try that with FRO

Comment

There was one agreement that the cs would stop in April but we got no paperwork from lawyer and he said that they would submit it...they apparently did not. The lawyers in this town all stick together. I have already made a complaint to the Upper Law Society and waiting to hear back from them.
                      It is easier said then done to demand the information when FRO is involved, the ex just submits the bill to them and they take it out or take his pension and all that jazz. That is what his lawyer said...oh just don't pay it...hahaha, try that with FRO

Why didn't he make sure his lawyer submitted the agreement to make an order? Making a complaint isn't going to get the order made up. At this time FRO is doing what they are supposed to and enforcing the court order they have. It would be silly to assume the exs lawyer would submit the agreement... that doesn't work in favour of the ex. So as stated expect FRO to take June's payment as they don't have a new court order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X