visitation schedule alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
    I guess I will never understand how a new partner cannot love their step children. I knew when I started a relationship with my partner that he had children, I knew he would always have an on going obligation to them. I will say, in the beginning I didn't understand the whole family law thing and it has really opened my eyes, but if I want a relationship with him, the kids are apart of that.

I will admit, it can get frustrating at time with the children because as a step parent there is only so much you can or should do. However, my partner and I are on the same page when it comes to parenting, so we are able to parent in our house in an efficient manner.

Our decision to add a new family member, does not come lightly, but nor will it take away from his on going obligations to his current children.
    I'm glad you can't understand it to be honest. Speaks volumes to the character. I assure you, it's completely obvious to not only me, but my daughter as well. He even ignored her when I took her to see the little girl's ballet recital. He ran past my daughter without a word (never said a word the whole time to her) and scooped up the other one. Step-mom fawning all over the little one as well. When they drove off, my daughter was in inconsolable tears.

Comment

You aren't obliged to show up for access - what a stupid story.

ACCESS IS A RIGHT
      CUSTODY IS A DUTY

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X