Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. His income is his, you income is yours.

Comment

Thanks for your response. No it isn't about me I was asking for my boyfriend that is paying spousal support to his former spouse. She has been living for a few years with her boyfriend who has an income but I believe she does not. What we are asking is how does her situation affect how much my boyfriend should be paying in support. If her live in boyfriend earns a good income and pays the bills etc and she chooses not to work how is that affecting amount of support that should be paid. Does it revert back to the marital situation. If so when she was living with her husband there were kids at home and she didn't work now kids are independant. Just wondering what the norm would be for this situation
      Thanks

Comment

I see. Then basically yes. Spousal support is not for wealth transfer, it is to provide similar living standard for the spouse temporarily after the separation than she had before.

Check out form 13 (Financial statement for support claims). There is "schedule B" section, "Other Income earners in the home". Actually that's where the income of the ex spouse's current partner should be used. (I don't remember seeing this on the DivorceMate software itself, but the fact that her living standard is provided sufficiently by the new partner makes the calculation unnecessary, because she might be not entitled to the spousal support anymore at all)

Comment

Thank you that is very helpful!

Comment

In the spreadsheet and the linked website, it talks about "Notational Child Support"... What is that? And in the spreadsheet, it has "UCB"... That's the child tax benefit value that each spouse gets?

Clint

Comment

Never mind... I was searching for "Notational", not "Notional". I'm blaming it on lack of sleep.

C

Comment

Divorcemate not free trial unless you work for a law firm.. correct me if I'm wrong please.

Found the following helpful, although wordy and unec. complex like most govt pubs:

Dept of Justice brief on SSAG:
                http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-...f/orrssagc.pdf

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm in a war with these morons and I am gradually gaining the upper hand. Yes Dave - you are correct. It is supposed to be only for lawyers and that criminal who runs Divorcemate won't sell it to you if you are not a lawyer. But I got it anyway. Here is what I can tell you about it. The program itself is called Tools2K10. It has dozens of errors in it and where it does work correctly, lawyers are too stupid to enter the information correctly. You can message me private and I'll do a proper calculation for you if you wish.

Comment

I posted a similar message on a stand alone thread but wanted to repeat here. Anyone in the process of negotiating spousal support would be wise to take Desparate Dad up on his offer to review the PROPER SS figure. Lawyers can often either enter incorrectly, or fail to enter at all, important information. In some cases, the software may not properly process some scenarios. In my case, while my lawyer indicated the low, mid and high SS figures were $2500/3000/3500 Desparate Dad calculated $1500/2000/2500 !!

This is NOT a scam. He does not charge and quite frankly refused my insistent offer to reimburse him for his time. I would encourage you to PM this fellow. We owe him a HUGE thank you !!

Comment

Originally posted by shellshocked22 View Post
                      He does not charge and quite frankly refused my insistent offer to reimburse him for his time. I would encourage you to PM this fellow. We owe him a HUGE thank you !!
                      For Heaven's sake man, send him a fruit basket

Comment

I tried to get him to accept gift certificates for the Beer Store but he refused. Hopefully after this stuff gets settled he'll let me buy him a steak dinner at the best steak house in town. Ruth's Chris sounds like a plan ? What do you think Desparate Dad ?

This guy is awesome !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shellshocked22 View Post
                          I tried to get him to accept gift certificates for the Beer Store but he refused.
                          Do you still have them?

Comment

Hi All,

I am new here and am a little confused about the simple calculation of SS. I think it was posted as It is a simple calculation. 1.5% - 2% of gross income * years in marriage * difference in gross income / 12 = monthly spousal support.

I found an example online that had a 60K difference and a 20 year marriage and the support being $1500 a month. But when i do it for a much shorter period of 2.5 years I get 5% which seems pretty low. Using the same diff in income at 5% is $3000 a year or $250 a month. Is that correct?

Comment

Does anyone know cdstein????

He was trying to get in contact with me but he logs on as a guest and I can't reply to a guest message. So if anyone knows him, tell him to set up an account!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desperate_Dad View Post
                                He was trying to get in contact with me but he logs on as a guest and I can't reply to a guest message. So if anyone knows him, tell him to set up an account!!
                                I'm here! I was having issues with my account which are now cleared up. Check private messages.

Thanks!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X