Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid all Suppot Payments and Legal Costs...Now what do I do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid all Suppot Payments and Legal Costs...Now what do I do?

I represented myself in court in the latter part of my divorce case. My ex was awarded a monthly payment of ss and equalization along with legal costs. I have now paid all ss, equalization and legal costs. Do I have to file any other forms with the courts to make sure that everything has been paid in full? I do not want my ex taking me to court for anything else. I am done! While depositing my last payment to her lawyers office, I asked if they could give me a print out of all the payments I have paid to my ex. They said that was not their job because to them, my ex, is not their client any more! The secretary told me that I have to find out on my own what to do next?? I have my receipts of all payments....but how do I go about filing them with the courts..or do I have to?

Also, I remember reading about something having to be paid to my ex when I turn 65. I do not want any 'surprises' coming from my ex....it has been a long road (5 years 8 months) from start to finish for this divorce to be finalized. I am tired and done with all the court/lawyer/ ex/ payments/FRO/ and all the stress!

Without your help and support for the past three years, I would have not seen the light of day! I want to thank everyone for all the help! There has to be an end to all of this soon!

Good luck to everyone who is going through an Ontario separation and/or a divorce.

All I can say, do not look for equality in the process...there is none to be had.
    Keep all of your receipts, and paper work in good order, especially if you are representing yourself.
    Read everything there is on Family Law.
    If your payments for ss or cs are through FRO, do not loose your cool...FRO has no governing body and therefore no government official will deal with them. So keep all payments up to date...all receipts in order....call them regularly for up dates on your account. Because if you do not, you will see your life go down the tubes real quick! If you over pay them, they will not pay you back any of the money....so keep up the calls to them! I paid over $17,000 in over payments, and will never re-coup the money!
    If you have children, remember you can ask for an annual school report of their attendance and marks. You will need the information for court.
    Keep up with all your financial statements. If anything changes in your life and you are paying support, file a new fs.

And always keep a connection to this website! It is the ONLY website that we, as Ontario citizens, have for support and information on Family Law for FREE.

Sincerely,
    B.

Does anyone know what I should do next?
    Are there forms to be filled out and brought to court, once you have paid all support to ex?
    Just wanting to have this ordeal finished....I am hoping someone on this forum can share their advice with me.
    Thanks again. B.

Comment

I wouldn't think you have any more forms to fill out. You paid what was ordered, so your obligations have been met. Have you called FRO to confirm? Can you ask them for a record of all payments? I'm not sure what FRO does because I'm not in ON.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X