X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadbeat Moms

Check this out

Deadbeat Moms On the Rise | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Top Stories

This is an article regarding deadbeat moms...

It is just not as common as Deadbeat Dads but I have personal experience that it is on the rise.

I've got a Deadbeadt Ex (Mom) who provides 0 support and has not seen her young children for over 3 years. One of my kids was so young that there is no memory of what 'Mom' looks like.

Comment

Both genders are equally capable of being bad parents. Because society as a whole expects mothers to be a "good mother" as a whole more fathers get away with it. But, with the changing social norms we will see more of this.

Just like intimate partner abuse both genders are equally capable of the same thing.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your daughter Iceberg.
        Some parents are just never able to put their child's needs before their own.

Comment

it's been provin statistically that althought the number of support paying mothers is smaller then the males they are a larger percentage of deadbeats than the men.

Comment

On the other hand, a parent may be stressed and scared and not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by MrToronto View Post
              it's been provin statistically that althought the number of support paying mothers is smaller then the males they are a larger percentage of deadbeats than the men.
              Can you sight the studies? Very interesting perspective and if balanced properly it could be a tangible statistic (if proportions are balanced correctly).

Comment

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
                How do you call a parent whose child is lying in hospital bed with cancer while the parent pays more attention to personal text messages and phone calls than child's needs?
                All depends on what the text messages and phone calls are concerning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rioe View Post
                  On the other hand, a parent may be stressed and scared and not sure what to do.
                  everyone handles things a different way. This cancer thing is all new and maybe it hasnt really sunk in yet or the parent is having difficulty accepting it. Maybe even they want to keep so normalcy in the relationship so the child doesnt get scared. So many different things go thru a persons mind when stuff like this happens. Dont jump at the other parent being a bad parent just because they are not reacting the way you are the the way you think they should.

Comment

Iceberg, sorry to hear about your daughter. I can't imagine how difficult that must be.

My ex-spouse is also a deadbeat, but I recognize that any gender of parent can refuse to support their children.

Simply put, my ex-spouse is selfish! Like always for years, she puts herself before her children and the family. How can a parent who is making close to $94,000 per year, living in Moncton, one of Canada's cheapest cities, with a debt to income ratio at less than 11 percent, say they can't afford child support?

After the judge heard her story, he said, "Ms. L****, I don't believe you!" Furthermore he said, "Anyway, for most people, supporting for your children is suppose to be difficult."

It is checkmate though! I have an order, now I just have to get the FRO/FSOS to enforce it.

It is a shameful situation when a parent must be ordered by the court then garnished to help raise their kids to be the best they can be.

By the way, its not just about money. Their mother has made no attempt to see the kids in Ottawa and makes no attempt to bring them to Moncton.

Just shameful!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X