No announcement yet.

Social Media - "Personal" and "Private" Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally Tayken, I would say that no person with the professional experience you claim to have would use the DSM in as careless of way as you have.

To take sections of posts on a divorce forum ON THE INTERNET and then compare it to the DSM is ridiculous. The DSM is a very complex and useful tool when used by professionals. The average medical doctor does not use it. How dare you use it to assess posters here?

Your own link in the dsm5.org site says

It is important to understand that appropriately using the diagnostic criteria found in DSM requires clinical training and a thorough evaluation and examination of an individual patient.

You have no clinical training nor a thorough evaluation of the person you are highlighting the DSM5 for.

Anyone with professional integrity would never throw around DSM criteria in such a manner. Never.

You have done that. You have highlighted criteria and applied it people here. Real people Tayken, with real problems and needs. You are reckless, unprofessional and lack integrity.

You are either delusional and believe your own lies or you are a charlatan.

I think you are a charlatan.
    Last edited by SadAndTired; 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

SadAndTiered,

I realize you are upset. What I am about to say is meant with the utmost respect and sincerity;

With your continued posts directed at Tayken publically you are possibly proving his point.

The comments that you are making publically serve no purpose.

Tayken has always and will (most probably) always provides objective information as to how posts may be viewed. The attempt to do this is to help us all learn how what we write can be linked to our personalities and in turn our behaviours. Consistency is key to this.

IMHO it is also due to his profession as he has disclosed, and also due to this being a divorce forum, in which, many are involved in family court. In family court, everything you write in affidavits can be picked apart to determine if there are 'underlying' issues.

He does this to help us reflect as we do not always see it ourselves. Often times people take it personally, I do not believe it is meant as such.

I hope that you get the closure you need from this thread. As it is 'Social Media' it could be used in your family law matter to determine your personality and behaviour.

I hope you have a good evening.
      Last edited by OhMy; 01-29-2013, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhMy View Post
        SadAndTiered,

I realize you are upset. What I am about to say is meant with the utmost respect and sincerity;

With your continued posts directed at Tayken publically you are possibly proving his point.

The comments that you are making publically serve no purpose.

Tayken has always and will (most probably) always provides objective information as to how posts may be viewed. The attempt to do this is to help us all learn how what we write can be linked to our personalities and in turn our behaviours. Consistency is key to this.

IMHO it is also due to his profession as he has disclosed, and also due to this being a divorce forum, in which, many are involved in family court. In family court, everything you write in affidavits can be picked apart to determine if there are 'underlying' issues.

He does this to help us reflect as we do not always see it ourselves. Often times people take it personally, I do not believe it is meant as such.

I hope that you get the closure you need from this thread. As it is 'Social Media' it could be used in your family law matter to determine your personality and behaviour.

I hope you have a good evening.
        Very well said... I personally do not mind the Tayken postings... while I don't have to experience nor education Tayken likely has, the questioning Tayken undertakes reminds me a little of myself. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people around me, because it is hard for them to get anything by me, as I question almost every little aspect. It isn't out of disrespect for the person I am dealing with, it is just the type of person I am. I personally like the back and forth banter, but I also know there is a time when you are wrong to throw in the towel... if you can't provide any actual argument to what you claim, then your claim becomes baseless and therefore useless.

We all have to remember, as much as we may not like it, there is always going to be someone more intelligent then us, just because we THINK we know it all, in reality we don't, there will always be someone more educated then you. That is just life and you are going to see it no matter where you go. When you have no evidence to back your claim and result to name calling and attempting to belittle someone, it is a clear sign that you have lost the argument, best to shake hands and move on.

I have no doubt that Tayken is very well educated, but I also know Tayken has never directly "diagnosed" anyone. The fact that Tayken can point out inconsistencies in people's postings and let them know they are heading down a dangerous path, should be something we are all thankful for. Tayken is take to give a valid opinion from a non-emotional stand point, one that a lot of other posters are not able to provide because of their personal scenarios and experiences.

Personally I think, anyone who has been questioned by Tayken (or other knowledgeable posters) and can back up everything they are saying and have the evidence to prove that, should have no problem getting through the Family Court system... it is those that resort to whining, reporting, lashing back and trying be a "right-fighter", who have the most issues in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
          I personally like the back and forth banter, but I also know there is a time when you are wrong to throw in the towel... if you can't provide any actual argument to what you claim, then your claim becomes baseless and therefore useless.
          I agree but sometimes the better person, just for the sake of ending it, is the one who throws in the towel even though they are right.

Comment

Sometimes, it's just all about anger;

Controlling Anger -- Before It Controls You

Comment

Hi
              I'm an idiot. I made myself fall into this trap. And after 8 yrs heading to trial and low and behold this "stalking and hacking" is coming up.

While ex and I were together I turned on the laptop and clicked in hotmail and took me into his hotmail account and I got access to his emails on his affairs.
              i kicked him out and we broke up...and I was devastated and life was over.
              It took along time to get out of his control.
              When I moved out and walked away, one of 20 or so friends and their friends who moved me: spray painted the basement wall w a nasty word. I have no clue outside of his that this even happened. I take Resp BC I should have better watched everyone.
              In my new apartment over the next 2 yrs:
              Nasty calls back and forth at all hours.
              I start a blog...the police looked into and found nothing really disparaging outside of my frustrations that court is taking too long. No threatening or anything harmful. In a fake name.
              I pulled it down at that point.

On good times he is in my apt eating my food and remote in hand.
              Using my computer
              This I access his accounts again....
              And gain access to his Facebook, make some nasty comments and delete a pike of stuff
              Then to dig myself further in to that grave
              On my own Facebook account someone said some thing and it went to my cell and I thought it was private and it posted.
              I posted I thought my ex was a c$&ksucker and that I'm going to write a book on c$&&suckers.
              Well he was accessing my account through who knows who over private settings and no mutual friends.
              Yes I was a complete ass and deluded.
              If I could take that all back I would.
              I have apologized in court, did counselling over it all and my reasons for trying to proof myself right.
              Yes I am ashamed and yes it was petty and small minded. And also was now over 5 yrs ago.
              From then on once it was disclosed in the case conference I stopped and went other direction. I closed off my phone, email contact and any other contact he had w me so he couldn't upset me or stir the pot. Sounds small but him not being able to find me on the Internet has helped. Him not being able to text and upset me also helped.

No regardless its brought up for discovery.
              It doesn't matter if my emails and all the negative emails he sent have been deleted (his brother is IT) and any of my own posts were fraudulently posted.
              I have no proof they were doing the same.
              In fact I know have all my accounts under diff name, hanged my phone and email and every time they become aware somehow I again change it.
              Recently started receiving subscriptions from magazines to follow his wife's pregnancy.
              Yet I look like an idiot BC I was acting on emotion at that time in my life. Emotional I am. But I let that controlling idiot control me.
              Any advise for this nob? I am my own worst enemy.

Comment

Roxy, as for advice, here is some for free:

One, stop reacting in public. People like your ex who can get a reaction out of you do it because they enjoy it. Don't give them any ammunition. Complain and vent over the phone or in person. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Remember the internet is forever. Don't post things you would not want on the evening news or told to your mother.

As for your IDs and passwords, take this advise from a former computer security guy. Backup your documents, your email address book and anything you think you need onto an external hard disk. Then wipe your computer. Format the computer's HD, preferably with one of the tools that takes care to really wipe every sector clean. Reinstall the operating system from CD.

Sign up for all new accounts, email, FB, even here. Use different IDs and passwords. Make your passwords difficult to guess(mixed case, numbers and special charecters). Share your new email address and IDs with only people you can really trust. Never ever share a password. Don't access your old accounts from your clean computer. If you want to check your old accounts, go to an internet cafe, and while you are at it change the passwords on them (but not to the same passwords you are using for your new accounts).

Make sure your computer has a complex password on it as well. Make sure you don't click on email attachments you don't know about. Have anti-virus software and keep it up to date.

Is this a lot of work, yes it is. But it is what you need to do to be safe.

Comment

I greatly thank you for that advice. I could give u a hug. An I don't hug strangers...but kindness of strangers is sometimes what keeps u going.

I will print it out and follow it.
                  Also
                  We will be enrolling on my family wizard. I would do it now but need that in the agreement first. What do u suggest?
                  How would an iPad fit in?
                  How can I "share" that item so that my son is able to Skype/FaceTime on it w his dad and we can do what we need to safely?
                  I'm very hesitant in this. Yet it seems to being enforceable.
                  (That being said...my ex wants daily FaceTime 6-8)

Thank you again for taking the time And happy valenitines day!

Comment

As for him dredging up your past online misbehaviour, all you can do is take ownership of your immaturity and explain that you've moved beyond that emotional time and are now reasonable and cooperative.

Comment

• Thank you for that. I believe that's been very true.
                      I so take ownership. It's been numerous years since that period.
                      And I have moved far past that but they have tried to entangle me and on purpose, obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxyroller71 View Post
                        I greatly thank you for that advice. I could give u a hug. An I don't hug strangers...but kindness of strangers is sometimes what keeps u going.

I will print it out and follow it.
                        Also
                        We will be enrolling on my family wizard. I would do it now but need that in the agreement first. What do u suggest?
                        How would an iPad fit in?
                        How can I "share" that item so that my son is able to Skype/FaceTime on it w his dad and we can do what we need to safely?
                        I'm very hesitant in this. Yet it seems to being enforceable.

Thank you again for taking the time And happy valenitines day!
                        I'd take a hug. Happy Valentines day to you too.

I've not enrolled on Family Wizard, so can't advise you there. If it is a web based app, it will probably work fine on an iPad.
                        There are fewer viruses and trojans on the iPad, but they still exist.
                        I would suggest that you password protect the iPad, and unlock it for your son when he needs to use it. If you use Skype create a unique ID just for communicating with the dad, and log in for him. Two hours seems like a lot of time, but thats between the two of you.

With regards to the past entanglements, the best thing you can do is try to be very supportive of your son trying to maintain a relationship with his father, and refuse to engage in any negative discussions, even if your son tries to initiate them. Set a good example, and the kids will remember that.

Comment

• Originally posted by roxyroller71 View Post
                          I would not restrict communication with the other parent at any time.

I don't have any rules for my kids about when or how long they can call their mom. I don't think that placing rules on communication is good for the kids.

Comment

• Got this in an email from Bell. Apparently, March is Fraud Prevention Month. So I'm sharing these good tips/reminders:

"March is Fraud Prevention Month and Bell wants to ensure customers, like you, are always safe online – whether you’re at home or on the go.
                            Here are some of the top tips for staying safe online:
                            •Think before you share. Avoid revealing too many personal details like your phone number, address, vacation details and photos in emails or on social networking sites.
                            •Be password aware. Choose passwords with a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols, and change them often.
                            •Be Wi-Fi savvy. Don’t share personal information over unsecure, public Wi-Fi networks in coffee shops, libraries and airports. And always disable the connection after using it.
                            •Protect your personal info. If you receive an email request asking for your account number, security code and password, call the company directly for verification.

To learn more and to check out other ways to stay safe online, visit GetCyberSafe.ca."

*Any tips on how the hell to best keep track of all the "passwords" in our lives?*

Not only are we to have long and secure, alphanumeric passwords but we are advised to CHANGE them from time to time. Sheesh.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X