Reserved Judgement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserved Judgement?

I had an uncontested trial... and my Judge reserved their judgement. She said someone would contact me, no one has and it has been a little over a month now.

I read on here that some people's have taken from 1 week to 5 months. Some stated that they called into the court filing office and they said a judgement had been made, and they went in to pick it up... but I cannot seem to find the court filing office's number for my district.

If you had a reserved judgement, how were you notified about it? Mail, phone, e-mail, ect?

I am a single mother, with sole custody (ex abused us) of three children, and currently getting little to no financial support (depending on the month) when my ex makes three figures. I had to wait 3 months for a trial date, and now waiting longer is even worse. It is really frustrating.

I am awaiting a judgement as well, its been about 3 or 4 weeks. My lawyer said he's notify me

Comment

If you had a reserved judgement, how were you notified about it?
      The decision will be e-mailed from the judge's assistant to you.

Judges have 6 months to rule on any motion or trial. Generally, this happens much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
        I am awaiting a judgement as well, its been about 3 or 4 weeks. My lawyer said he's notify me

Frustrating Please keep me updated when you find out.

And thank you Orleans Lawyer for responding... greatly appreciated.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X