Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's (trial) finally over... Now waiting time begins...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's (trial) finally over... Now waiting time begins...

Hello everybody (even Gary )
    So my ~16 days trial finally done. There are a lot to talk about and I will when I will get endorsement.

Party’s positions going into trial:

Mom:
    Sole custody with EOW for dad

Dad:
    Joint with parallel parenting with 50/50 time sharing when child attend kindergarten

Mom came to trial with:
    1. OCL report which recommends custody to mom and EOW to dad.
    2. Status Quo and primary caregiver for at least two years since litigation started.
    3. Lawyer paid by Legal AID

Dad come to trail with:
    1. Determination and refuse to give up on his child. And probably the biggest bag in court with materials.

Of course we have to wait for justice ruling but here are what I get from his message at the end (and I know now that mom and her lawyer reads my messages on this forum and she can correct me if I misunderstand something) :

1. OCL report and OCL investigator was demolished by father's cross examination. (lasted two days)

2. Status Quo was obtained by false accusation (proven false in court) and do not count. Not sure what was about primary-caregiver. (mom was on a stand about 8 days)

3. The father probably the best prepared self-rep they saw in this court.

4. The father still proposing joint with parallel what surprisingly to a judge base on how case turn out.

5. Judge left two options to consider. Joint with parallel (what he has to work really hard to make sure it will work) and SOLE custody to a dad. I may be mistaken but I did not hear anything about sole custody to a mom at the end.

That’s all for now.

Let’s wait…. Fingers crossed. At least now we can enjoy with little one almost every weekend Fri-Mon up to end of the year (or when ruling will come).

PS:
    I would like to see (and I would assume others too) some comments from mom here.

I'd be interested in hearing more about the OCL investigation, how they came to their decision and what happened in cross...

Congratulations on completing the trial phase and on all your preparation and hard work.

Comment

congrats ))))... now go get some beer )))) celebrate your victory....

Comment

thank you
        problem is I do not drink even beer and secondly it's far from victory...

I would consider victory when little one finish college and become worthy human...

Comment

well from what I read, you won, sole will be to you. Well if you do not drink, have some relax time and enjoy

Comment

Whatever the outcome, congratulations for putting in the effort,
            I hope things work out for everyone.

Comment

The best thing you can do is now take time to enjoy life. Get a hobby, do something for you now. Congrats WorkingDad, though we should hold our breath until you hear back from the judge I think. I am very happy for you

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                thank you
                problem is I do not drink even beer and secondly it's far from victory...

I would consider victory when little one finish college and become worthy human...
                Excellent statement. Demonstrates your ability to parent and that you are an involved parent. Hopefully the tug-of-war ends for you soon.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

Originally posted by fireweb13 View Post
                  The best thing you can do is now take time to enjoy life. Get a hobby, do something for you now. Congrats WorkingDad, though we should hold our breath until you hear back from the judge I think. I am very happy for you
                  thank you
                  I have a hobby. I did not touch my Colnago road bike what I tried to sell actually for whole that time to cover legal fees (had a lawyer for 6 month) for more than 2 years...

And yes - I am holding my breath...

Comment

I found your relevation heartwarming - it is possible to prevail if you work hard enough and you most certainly did that! I also took note of your opponents reading your posts - something I assume all along. For me I believe in my position and I do not lay anything on here. I try to put an honest potrail of what is happening so I can get good solid advice and comments which for the most part is what this forum is about.

Good attitude - I congradulate you along with the others here. Carry on your hard work and dedication and I am sure your little one will certainly be the better for it!

Comment

Fair play to you on NOT EVER giving up! Every time a man like you refuses to settle for anything less then what is truely in the best interest of the children a precedent is set for others. You are truly a strong and courageous man and your should be honoured for your bravery at sticking at fighting for justice!

Comment

That little statement the judge makes at the end is the most important...take heed!...and, Way to go brother! Being pumped up so long though, don't worry...there always follows a crash. I would be worried if you didn't have one...be kind to yourself and take the time for same.

Comment

Originally posted by karmaseeker View Post
                          Fair play to you on NOT EVER giving up! Every time a man like you refuses to settle for anything less then what is truely in the best interest of the children a precedent is set for others. You are truly a strong and courageous man and your should be honoured for your bravery at sticking at fighting for justice!
                          that actually what I said at the end of my submission. I said at the end I would like to say something to the court what probably no one ever said before...

1. I came here for little one as a child to protect his rights to have a father who want to be in his life.

2. I came here for him as future father as I do believe that every father who stood up for their kids add one drop to that bucked of water what eventually change the situation what we have here in Canada

3. I came here for me as I still do believe in justice and that what was promised to me by Canada when I came here...

It's not exactly words of course but very close...

so will see. did I do enough... I always feel that I can do a lot better... and probably do it in 8 days not 16. Anyway have to wait and see... now it for sure nothing I can do - just relax and enjoy full weekends with overnights with little one...

Comment

try to put an honest potrail of what is happening so I can get good solid advice and comments which for the most part is what this forum is about.
                            Lol...I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out what a "potrail" was before I realized you meant "portrayal"...I almost huffed my coffee laughing.

Thanks, I needed that this morning.

Comment

Hope the good news is delivered soon...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X