X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case conference tomorrow

Wish me luck!

His brief was 14, yes 14 pages long and FULL of mud-slinging. I just spent 6 hours responding to every point so my lawyer will have the ammunition to defend if necessary. Of course you all taught me well and my brief focussed solely on my daughter and what is best for her. (ok there was a *little* mud-slinging, but it was relevant to her best interests) But I did not focus on the abuse except where it was relevant to her.

Anyway, I'm hoping we will come out tomorrow with some direction to settle the financials and a new schedule that I proposed. If he doesn't want to negotiate after tomorrow I fear it will actually get to trial.

I'll update you when I get home. Thanks in advance for the postive vibes!

good luck, let us know how it goes

Comment

Hey, keep us posted and good luck!

Comment

Go to work.

Press the matter forward. If it goes nowhere, ask for a settlement conference. It's just more of the same. Do not settle for another useless case conference. Push the matter towards trial, and settlement!!!

Comment

Good luck, you will do well! We are all thinking about you today.

Comment

DDTE I will press for a settlement conference as we are so close and he is just being unco-operative. I hope the judge gives it to him.

I'm off now! Thanks for the support everyone!

Comment

ll I can say is...Karma is a bitch!

Comment

Oops, erased the rest of my post!

Got an order made giving me every Thursday (for counselling) and him every Wednesday (in compensation) until counselling is over. We will continue the week about. Division of holidays, directions for special family events and compensatory time within 14 days. Decided how CS will be determined.

Really nothing big changed except that he sat down at the table and accepted many of the things I had originally offered. We are going to attempt to settle the financials ourselves through email.

I did feel a little sorry for him though. He is obviously taking this really badly, even after 7 months. Guess being controlling does not necessarily mean you are actually able to take control of yourself. This is where the karma comes in.
                Last edited by billiechic; 03-11-2010, 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to make some progress!

Comment

Billiechic, Im sorry I forgot did you represent yourself? And did he have a lawyer?
                    Guess nothing came about custody?

Comment

NO I hired a lawyer. I needed one as he was too confrontational. He was also represented.

No progress on custody but I knew that wouldn't happen. I want sole custody (or last say in decisions) and he wants joint. This would be why the OCL has been requested. At least they will be impartial and able to say what is really going on and how it is affecting my girl.

So I can think of in 2 ways.. For the $2000 this CC probably cost I got basically nowhere... OR Investing $2000 saved my sanity, emotional distress and actually got my ex to the table. I'm going with #2. If I think about #1 I might start banging my head off a wall.

Comment

What's the status of the OCL request?

Comment

oh, we are just applying for it now. Got the papers today, so I have 14 days to submit. Any advice??

Comment

Well, I think of my $2000 that got me nowhere as the first installment in the $5000 that will get me somewhere... I'm not sure if that is good or bad...

But I'm glad you are getting somewhere anyway. Something settled is a step ahead of where you were yesterday.

And now he knows that that long list of accusations will get him nowhere, and maybe he will lay off that crap from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by billiechic View Post
                              oh, we are just applying for it now. Got the papers today, so I have 14 days to submit. Any advice??
                              See my OCL thread, http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...olvement-2842/.

They only take high conflict cases, and not all of them at that, as they are government funded. Get ready for a minimum of 6 months of scrutiny.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X