Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, am I reading this wrong or did you just say your son has '3 or for' children from a previous relationship?

If so, how do you not know if your son has three or 4 children? And why is all your focus on this one child?

Your posts are very disjointed and make little to no sense. Who saw his dad where?

Was the mom 18 or was she mid 20's?

You seem to know very little about this child and his family.

Comment

other grandchildren support him

wow! that's a lot of children. do they all live in mom's home or is the step dad an every other weekend dad?
      I notice You have other grandchildren [ cousins to 7 yr.old grandson]
      Is there any contact between the cousins ? similar ages? bonds developing?

Our 7 yr. old grandson has a very close bond with one of the cousins.. they are in different cities.. i do the driving to bring them together when we are granted a visit with 7 yr. old.[1 1/2 hour drive one way]
      the cousin has a stable family situation & helps 7 yr. old tremendously :
      This added bond so enriches the bond we have with him & he feels a more diverse support from his family here.
      We let him know ;when we are separated [parent issues] we remember him daily!

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
        Sorry, am I reading this wrong or did you just say your son has '3 or for' children from a previous relationship?

If so, how do you not know if your son has three or 4 children? And why is all your focus on this one child?

Your posts are very disjointed and make little to no sense. Who saw his dad where?

Was the mom 18 or was she mid 20's?

You seem to know very little about this child and his family.

I agree with Blink... Not understanding your last post there OP... How do you not know how many children your son has!?

Comment

SON HAS 1
          seems the mom's common-law partner has 3 or 4 from previous relationship.
          Lots of children either way..
          Surely this one 7 yr. old grandson would benefit from individual attention of bio-Dad & grandparents! & cousins
          Family dinner @ grandparents with bio-DAD & cousins would surely make this 7 yr. old feel special!
          That he has a whole family of support; all HIS.
          When he returns to mom's; he is one of 4 or more children in a busy household;

Comment

I get to see my grandson on sunday .Thanks for all your support and encouragement

Comment

yes that is correct

Comment

yes he does know his cousins and my daughter his aunt and we will be visiting them on sunday when I get to take him for a few hours

Comment

Grandma's FUN albums help Grandson

Grandma Peaboo
                  It's good ur grandson knows his cousins & Aunt
                  When he returns back to his mom[busy household of 4 children? sometimes more?] ur grandson will have something all his own HIS OWN NATURAL FAMILY ON PATURNAL SIDE
                  Hope ur visit is enjoyable & memorable; he will relive one visit over & over in his heart & mind.
                  I take lots of photos, develope them & put them in a little album [$1 store item]. Put it in the car & when I pick up grandson give him the Album.
                  He used to take the album home with him to enjoy the memories over & over...soon learned to leave in my car. [his mom got jealous/angry/threatened to bann him from his fun with us]
                  I encouraged him to make his own pics with his camera in his brain.. then he can visit us whenever he wants... He gets locked up 4 extended periods of
                  time
                  He told me when he is locked up he goes on hikes in his mind for hours with his cousins... we only hiked a couple of times along river by my house but he has gone on that hike so often in his mind he relates it as if we hike all the time
                  Happy that the few visits we have ;give him releif when he endures such duress..[yes we have reported to authorities; his mom is a 2nd generation CAS hoodwinker..the only result is we are banned from grandson for reporting]

Comment

yes the visit was awesome we did take picture and he had fun with his cousins, ( i and making a photo scrap book for him with pic from birth till present for him )he ask to come out with us again and visit with his cousin we said as long as his mom is ok with it we would luv too.

Comment

sounds like you have a good supportive relationship between Grandson & other family member's
                      GOOD that he asks to come again &
                      U rightly let him know that mom's OK is deciding factor.
                      Because we have been banned from contact at times We always let our grandson know we think about him often..imagine what he is doing [ or enduring]..that we MISS HIM when we hike or go swimming without him
                      Wait eagerly when we visit again.
                      We try to follow any PUBLIC events at school... no permission from mom needed for school assemblies; bake sales etc.

Comment

I didn't know that about school . how could i find out about that he said he plays baskettball and scoccer . Im sorry you dont get to see your grandson as much now. I'm hoping this wil continue with his mom although like you every once in a while she decides not to let us see him.

Comment

Each school appears to have a web site... or other method of advertising [ for sport games, school plays,fund raisers etc.] sometimes in local paper. find out what school he is enrolled ; then call the school & ask if they have a news letter or web page so you can get school info.
                          teachers are very interested in their students, some have personal emails.
                          You may consider volunteering in the school.

Comment

grandparental rights

hi i too am a grandmother who is being played by me son's ex ... she has decided to play the same way your ex daughter in law played ... unfortunately unless you are willing to fight she will get away with breaking the law ... here are the rules as follows and i do hope that this information will help you as it will with me as well .
                            The decision used by the courts reflects the Chapman vs Chapman case where the "parental autonomy" and the "pro-contact" approach is used in all decisions. The principles in the Chapman case say that the courts should generally defer to a parent's decisions about grandparent access unless all three following questions are answered in the affirmative.
                            Does a positive grandparent-grandchild relationship already exist?
                            Has the parent's decision imperiled the positive grandparent-grandchild relationship?
                            Has the parent acted arbitrarily?
                            if you can prove yes to all three of these questions then you will win in court
                            i hope this was helpful as it was for me as well

Comment

we got to see him this weekend . for 4 hrs he had a great time and asked if we could do it again . he knows and remembers us .and his aunt and cousin.I will not force court unless i have to . I know I could win but i would rather do it with out court and I think she would too.so I take pictures and look forward to seeing him again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by C.Robinson View Post
                                hi i too am a grandmother who is being played by me son's ex ... she has decided to play the same way your ex daughter in law played ... unfortunately unless you are willing to fight she will get away with breaking the law ... here are the rules as follows and i do hope that this information will help you as it will with me as well .
                                The decision used by the courts reflects the Chapman vs Chapman case where the "parental autonomy" and the "pro-contact" approach is used in all decisions. The principles in the Chapman case say that the courts should generally defer to a parent's decisions about grandparent access unless all three following questions are answered in the affirmative.
                                Does a positive grandparent-grandchild relationship already exist?
                                Has the parent's decision imperiled the positive grandparent-grandchild relationship?
                                Has the parent acted arbitrarily?
                                if you can prove yes to all three of these questions then you will win in court
                                i hope this was helpful as it was for me as well
                                If you go to court to "win" you will most definitely and in my honest opinion should "lose". Family Law is not a win-lose battle of parties pitted against each other to "win" or "lose".

What many people don't realize is that the fight and bringing forward a fight will result most definitely in someone losing for sure... Their children.

I hope no licensed lawyer in any jurisdiction of Canada has given you the impression that the Chapman v. Chapman jurisprudence is uniformly applied in all matters. If that lawyer has... I highly recommend you shop around and get some second opinions.

Good Luck!
                                Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X