This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Costumes

It is crazy that i have to even ask this....are halloween expenses considered extra-cirricular or clothing or even either???

I dont think they would be.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Comment

Neither, given that they are completely optional, aren't a requirement and really shouldn't even cost that much so wouldn't meet the threshold of S.7 expense. It would be covered under child support, if anything.

Comment

Definitely not.. Halloween costumes are quite inexpensive actually. Walmart/Value Village or something home-made. For the really young ones, a little face painting and you're good to go. It will be cold out anyway.. Most costumes hidden by the need for warm outer garments!

Comment

Thank you for your quick responses. My ex wants the kids this halloween which falls on one of my nights. I am totally fine with him taking them. But now he is pushing it and telling me that i have to pay half of the costumes. I know it is not alot of money and I could care less about that it is the principle of his attitude and always pushing things for more.

Comment

You could split on one that is big enough to be used two years in a row - and use it again for next year with yourself. Kind of mitigates the issue that way.

Comment

Originally posted by babygirl View Post
                It is crazy that i have to even ask this....are halloween expenses considered extra-cirricular or clothing or even either???
                No they are not.

Special and extraordinary. Although Halloween is a special time for children it is not "extraordinary" and happens every October 31 of every year.

Comment

What is the custody arrangement? Does the ex pay full cs? If they were with you would you be paying? While it is not section 7, if he pays full cs, shouldn't the costumes be provided?

Comment

Wow -Im just in shock over this much fuss over $20,for something that happens only once a year.It just blows my mind!

Comment

to me if he wants to take them then he pays for the costume.

Comment

To me, whoever is receiving the cs should buy the costumes. I know from my experience, the cs more than covered stuff like that.

Comment

I have to agree with Murphy this thread it's crazy....lol Tell your ex you'll buy the costumes and he can provide the candy because you now have to stay in a dole out the goodies.

Comment

If you are receiving full CS, then your ex is fully covering his share of clothing and food through that CS. Every time he feeds the children, he is paying for the food, and he is paying you as well for the luxury of feeding his children that meal.

Ditto for clothing. If he buys the children a shirt, he pays out of pocket for the shirt, and he still pays you for the shirt that you didn't buy as a result.

I'm going to disagree with most of the posters here. If you are receiving full CS, then you should be providing the (reasonably priced) costume. If your ex does, bonus, but he has no obligation to do so.

Comment

My agreement provides that we switch halloween each year and the person who has the child for halloween shall be responsible for buying their custome.

I payed $55 last week on my daughters custome and I think she wants some more to go with it.....

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X