Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:31 AM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default Trial scheduling conference - other side ignoring - should I still go?

Hello Community,

I have to confirm (14C) by 2:00pm today for a trial scheduling conference.

STBX's lawyer has emailed me to tell me she will not be able to attend May sittings as she has been ordered to court to defend a criminal matter.

STBX's lawyer is terrible for missing court dates, and she has used this excuse before and has been criticized by the courts for it.

I am trying to push matters to closure. I told her that I or the courts have no obligation to continually pander to her case load and that as such I AM GOING TO THE TRIAL CONFERENCE regardless, where I will communicate the difficulty with her continual delays.

Should I do this ? is it idiotic to proceed to the conference without STBX lawyer ready ? Should I file a 14B instead seeking some sort of preemtory timeline ?

Please help.

PND
Old 02-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Yes,

You should go. You can request disclosure orders if you still need them. Furthermore, you can address the issue of scheduling too.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:05 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Yes,

You should go. You can request disclosure orders if you still need them. Furthermore, you can address the issue of scheduling too.
many thanks