Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default OCL refused to recommend OFW!

To my surprise, the same OCL rep who has recommended OFW previously, refused to recommend it in my case saying the costs of the program would have to be agreeable by mom...

Aside from working dad's case, and the OCL rep's own case posted on Canlii, any good cases for OFW being ordered on motion/application - and for each parent to bear their own costs?

Perhaps on last resort, I could ask that I bear her costs ? Interim motion before my trial may happen and this would strengthen my communications argument sometimes required for joint custody and shared parenting (I would think).
Old 01-02-2018, 04:37 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

It is typical that the costs to use the program would be agreed to by both parents. It is entirely up to you if you wish to cover the cost for both of you, however this does not mean that she will use it even if you do pay for it. A judge can order it, but I've personally not seen a motion for this alone - from what I have seen this is usually requested as part of a motion on other items.