scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scared

this is not a question. i just feel somewhat better when i share my fear. took my kid to the monthly checkup and his white blood count is 3.3 (normal 4.5-13.5) and neutrophils (type of white blood cells) are 1.1 (normal 1.5-8.0)

A month ago all lab work was normal. The kid has been off treatment for 3 months

i always fear of his illness coming back even though the oncologist said chances of relapse are 5-10 % (overall or based on his response to treatment)

He did have mild sore throat lately, mild coughing and some fatigue and headache lately.

It's ok to be scared. *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      It's ok to be scared. *hugs*
      Thanks blink

Comment

You'll always have this "fear" in the back of your mind. With time it will fade in importance and your confidence will grow - you and your kidlet have been through a lot.

It will get better in time. XX

Comment

what you are feeling is natural. Maybe when he wasn't feeling good that made his blood count a little off. Did you ask the doctor if that could affect it or if he should have them re-done in a few weeks?

Comment

He does it monthly. The doctors are not worried right now because recently he has some mild sore throat and cough so they think it's a virus. Looks like a virus can make WBC go up or down.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X