Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would this be a proper way to start my process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a proper way to start my process?

This is how I planned. To send ex an email saying something like this: Dear ex, since you make significantly more money than I do, and since we have our child on 50/50 basis, I believe it is fair that we come to an agreement that you pay me offset CS of the amount of $__ (half less than she had to pay before through court order) .

Since she claims that she makes peanuts and her brother pays her peanuts and the rest in cash. and if the judge don't impute the income then I might end up paying.

Second thing I wanted to say to her: Our child has been going to ABC school since preschool and now he is in grade 3, I would like you to consent that he finishes his elementary school here and after grade 6 he will be 12 and can choose where to go to junior high.

I am asking for this two things to make an agreement so we do not have to go through court.

If she refuses I will file a motion. Does this sound OK for a self rep to start with?

If you want to change the court ordered agreement you should request disclosure of her financials both for CS and section 7 division.

Comment

There is nothing court ordered anymore existing.

I asked for her income disclosure and offered mine but she refuses to give and even if she does her income must be imputed because she is cheating on her income.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X