This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how falling in love...

...makes you not to want to post here anymore.

Still love my OD friends though. You know who you are.

Comment

Love, shmove.

Comment

I'm really happy for you Dad to the End.

Comment

DTTE,

You know that I know exactly what you mean.

Still got time to hang around here, though... Maybe it'll remind us of how good we have it.

Enjoy, Brother!

Gary

Comment

Dtte, love ya!!! And thanks for your support and ass kicking. Funny how a few months ago I didn't believe you when you said get out of court and start living. Yeah to us!!!

Comment

Congrats Dtte and Tug, Looks like the party is just beginning!!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words all.

That first round of golf wasn't so bad either....even if I did get soaked.

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                  ....even if I did get soaked.
                  Quit your whining and DO something.

If you just keep going out in the rain you're GONNA get wet. It's the way life is, dude. What did you THINK was gonna happen?

So, you can golf in the rain and cry about the water, or you can check the weather, book a flight, and LIVE.

Or you can get you some o' them Dryjoys and a poncho, I s'pose. But that's not the point.

(you know I had to....)

Cheers!

Gary

Keep being awesome.

Comment

Hey bud, glad you're happy. However, make sure you get an ironclad pre-nup before the next date !!!!!!

If there is one thing I've learned from this effing nightmare its that I will NEVER get married/live together again.

I'm not even sure if that will protect me. Maybe best to do the Charlie Sheen thing and rent them by the hour; much cheaper in the long run for sure (not to mention variety lol). I"ve been married to my "High school sweetheart" for over 20 years who swore she would never pull this crap - guess what - she lied ! If she will, they ALL will and the government of course is only too happy to drive men into bankruptcy !

Comment

Very new dude. Not looking for marriage or even cohab at this point. Just enjoying the moment, and smelling the flowers.

Never say never.

Comment

I really do wish you well, but I'm personally so pissed off/bummed out that due to the crap my ex is putting me through, she's basically guaranteeing that I can never trust another female again, at least not without her being inspected/vetted by an army of lawyers and accountants and even then I'm not sure it will be safe lol.

On the other hand, perhaps she's done me a big favour. I used to be somewhat idealistic (as I've got older that's been diminishing of course) and she's very successfully killed off whatever is remaining.

I still hate the family law crap; as far as I'm concerned its made it ATTRACTIVE for women to screw over husbands who work hard to make a good living for their family. I wonder if it would be so appealing if I made minimum wage ........

Comment

It takes years to heal the hurt. Did for me. You will feel differently in time.

Comment

Appreciate your optimistic advice but I truly doubt it.

We all know the odds of getting screwed over by your ex (Ie.divorced) is 50%. I've now been burned once - so much for optimism/good faith/idealism/romanticism.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I won't make the same mistake twice, trust me .......

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                              Very new dude. Not looking for marriage or even cohab at this point. Just enjoying the moment, and smelling the flowers.

Never say never.
                              Very true, very true.

There is time for everything. Give everything its' time.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X