Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven said expenses

hi all,

Is there such a thing as extraordinary expenses somewhere?

My ex wants me to pay for camps he is enrolling our son in? Big dollar camps he has never been to before. I haven't the money for such camps.

Ex wants me to pay for iPhone. Ex wants me to pay for my share of school bus fare. The list goes on and on and on.

Thoughts? Really, bus fare to school?

your ex is just asking for everything. The Iphone isnt something you have to pay for. As for the camp I am thinking that the expensive camps are not required when there are lower cost alternatives.

Bus fare may be something that you may have to pay part of, I am not totally sure of it. I am sure that there are members on here that can steer you the right way.

Comment

Thanks. Yes, our child is 14 years old. Really doesn't need to go to camp period. Ex wants more breaks and sends child off to camps costing 1700.00 a week.

I would really be curious to know if I have to pay my share of childs bus fare as a said seven expense. I did not have ex pay for diapers for numerous years for two children.

Comment

Diapers are covered under CS.

Comment

Depending on the cost of bus fare and both your incomes, bus fare may not be a s7 expense.

Camps must be agreed to prior to incurring the cost and if you’ve said no then they aren’t eligible.

Again, if you make $$$ then you will probably be required to pay.

Ask yourself what the total cost is now and what it would cost to take it to court (or defend yourself in court as it were).

Comment

An explanation of Section 7 expenses;

Step 7: Determine if there are special or extraordinary expenses - The Federal Child Support Guidelines: Step-by-Step

Comment

What is the bus faire for? in our area kids who take city bus to school can use it anytime during the school year.

My take part of CS. Bus service is paid by school with passe or with Yellow bus service.

I would say No to camps...is not a section seven, no requirement for daycare as he is over the age of 12 and if he has not attended in the past then it's not part of a predetermine standard of living.

$$$ or not people need to stop being treated as a bank! so what if the other person makes $$$.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X