This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of a father ...

Turns his back on his kids as if they do not exist?
    Do not even bother to send a birthday card from the dollar store for any of his boys?
    Has go on to have 4 new kids in 3 years with someone else?

Wow..Im blown away by this, and cant ever wrap my mind around it.
    You can divorce your spouse but I dont believe one can ever divorce their kids!

That guy....

Comment

a waste of skin kind of dad who uses the wrong head to think.

Comment

I am smiling as I am finding myself on the opposite side of the table where I am the father trying to protect that little time I have for my child - the mother being uncooperative to have that father-child relationship maintained. At it stands now, she is trying to move my daugther away from me making that access schedule impossible to meet.

Comment

Been there and overcame it. Got the kids now. Took 5 years and $200K. 2 years on and another $20K and still rising costs, but the kids are doing better with me now.

Comment

People can and do leave their kids behind all the time, unfortunately. My son has yet to get a birthday card or call from his bio...we simply do our best to make sure our son does not feel the emotional turmoil this neglect can cause in children...while promoting the relationship.

Be the better parent, move on rather than getting upset or frustrated at his lack of desire to parent your child

Comment

like it has been said many times on this board before, we never hear both sides of the story. Not saying there is ever a good excuse to not see your kids but there are CP out there who will do anything to keep the NCP from the kids including false allegations of abuse etc. Also I am not saying that is the case of the posters in this thread. Sometimes due to lack of funds etc the NCP no longer has the ability to fight and decides to wait until the kids come looking for them so they can explain.

Comment

They don't appear very nice for forgetting a birthday card. What's their track record when it comes to supporting their child and commitment to access?

For my own child, I forgot to by them a birthday card recently, my bad, lol -- but in lieu, did buy them their first vehicle recently.

As far as an individual going on to start a second family, is rather common this day and age but that does not forgive them for their first family obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                  They don't appear very nice for forgetting a birthday card. What's their track record when it comes to supporting their child and commitment to access?

For my own child, I forgot to by them a birthday card recently, my bad, lol -- but in lieu, did buy them their first vehicle recently.

As far as an individual going on to start a second family, is rather common this day and age but that does not forgive them for their first family obligations.
                  card vs car hmmm, I think they probably forgive you for the lapse in the birthday card. I know I would LOL!!

Comment

The car was reasonable -- Cost of Insurance is not. Unfortunately, on paper, they had to move to their other unlicensed parent - so I could insure the vehicle.

However, the plus side is after running the scenarios, they will now qualify for much OSAP to pursue their studies.

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                      However our current child support laws seem to forget that parents have obligations to support the second family too, and often when the second wife sees that the kids from the first family have more money given to them due to child support, then they find out that they would be better off to file for divorce too.

Australia has solved this problem by doing a cost sharing system. It takes the income of both homes, compares the number of children and days each child spends were ever, and calculates the support based on the days the children spend in each home. It makes no difference the number of kids, the parentage of the kids, or the income or relationship of all the parents. It is a household income sharing plan. Not fool proof, but better for all kids, not necisarily for the parents.

Comment

Originally posted by asnf View Post
                        I am smiling as I am finding myself on the opposite side of the table where I am the father trying to protect that little time I have for my child - the mother being uncooperative to have that father-child relationship maintained. At it stands now, she is trying to move my daugther away from me making that access schedule impossible to meet.

asnf, on top of it all he is the one that moved to another province so I understand your plight too. I asked him how will he see the kids if he moved a 3 hour plane ride away and he had no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm1273 View Post
                          Been there and overcame it. Got the kids now. Took 5 years and $200K. 2 years on and another $20K and still rising costs, but the kids are doing better with me now.
                          Wow, all that money could have been towards the kids. Im glad you are all doing great now!
                          I do my very best with my boys (3). They are happy and as their teachers say "well adjusted" kids.
                          It bothers me more I think, than it does them.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                            card vs car hmmm, I think they probably forgive you for the lapse in the birthday card. I know I would LOL!!
                            I forgive you too...the car is good! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                              like it has been said many times on this board before, we never hear both sides of the story. Not saying there is ever a good excuse to not see your kids but there are CP out there who will do anything to keep the NCP from the kids including false allegations of abuse etc. Also I am not saying that is the case of the posters in this thread. Sometimes due to lack of funds etc the NCP no longer has the ability to fight and decides to wait until the kids come looking for them so they can explain.

No my dear, this is not so in my case. Though I do not have the time to tell the entire story I will say he willfully moved from our province to another, a 3 hour plane ride away,with no job prospect setup, only to move with the "internet girl" who is probably taking care of him.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X