This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Hey i have a few questions which i need answered please help me out.

If I leave the house can my spouse charge me with desertion?

Can my spouse's lawyer represent both of us?

What health insurance rights do spouses and dependent children have after divorce?

Thanks

I think the reason why you leave the household is a big factor. If you leave take the children because if you leave the kids behind your essentially giving away custody.

It always best to get independant leagal advice. If the lawyer represented both of you it generates a conflict of interest and could lead to problems down the road.

I am not sure where you live but in Ontario everyone generally has coverage. To qualify you only need to be a resident.

In regards to employer paid plans, if it was a long relationship, often a court will order that medical benefits be maintained if available especially to cover the children such as dental etc.

Comment

Okay thank you for the reply i will be meeting with my lawyer and hopefully we can work something out.

Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X